Thread: Tyrone Spong Crashes Dublin Press Conference, Asks Dana White For UFC Contract

Default Tyrone Spong Crashes Dublin Press Conference, Asks Dana White For UFC Contract

Tyrone Spong Crashes Dublin Press Conference, Asks Dana White For UFC Contract
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/19/59...dana-white-for
    Kickboxing sensation and part-time mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Tyrone Spong (via Esther Lin) crashed the UFC Fight Night 46 post-fight press conference (watch it) last Saturday (July 19, 2014) asking UFC President Dana White to give him a contract for one fight, just so he can compete in Dublin, Ireland, a sentiment shared by a lot of fighters after hearing the live crowd blow the roof off the O2 Arena (full results here). Unfortunately, Spong is under contract to World Series of Fighting (WSOF), competes for GLORY, and still has an injured leg.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Spong is a helluva impact player but I wonder if he maybe wants to hold off while Rumble and Rashad make their 205 runs and get a little more seasoning with WSOF, since they're all coming from the same camp.

If the UFC has signed 0-0 and 1-0 fighters, why they would not sign a 2-0 fighter?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Has the UFC ever signed anyone to a 'one-fight' contract, not to mention the fighter specifying where that fight will occur? I know James Toney had just the one fight, but if he had beat Couture I'm sure they'd have kept him around. Guys have been cut after one fight I think, but to have a contract for one fight and be able to walk away to another org just isn't gonna happen in the UFC.

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

He should definitely stay in WSOF to get some more MMA fights under his belt, especially against some wrestlers.
    I think he's a total pimp & would love for people to get exposed to him, but I don't want to see him come into the UFC and end up looking like Hector Lombard did at first.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information