Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier added to UFC 178 in Las Vegas

This is a great fight to gauge Conor, but I believe he takes it.
    After this he'll definitely have his hands full with wrestlers like Guida, Mendes, & Edgar.
    And it should be fun to see him get strikers like Swanson & Jose.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

sevicrane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    This is a great fight to gauge Conor, I believe he takes it.
    After this he'll definitely have his hands full with wrestlers like Guida, Mendes, & Edgar.
    And it should be fun to see him get strikers like Swanson & Jose.
    I dont think he will ever get guida cause guida will just ride him Into victory just like the pettis fight, ufc matchmakers wont make the same mistake

Quote Originally Posted by sevicrane View Post
    I dont think he will ever get guida cause guida will just ride him Into victory just like the pettis fight, ufc matchmakers wont make the same mistake
    It's not a mistake to not protect an athlete's weaknesses. No other respectable sport protects it's top athletes from bad matchups. Peyton Manning still had to play against the Seahawks defense, even though it wasn't what was best for him.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

sevicrane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    It's not a mistake to not protect an athlete's weaknesses. No other respectable sport protects it's top athletes from bad matchups. Peyton Manning still had to play against the Seahawks defense, even though it wasn't what was best for him.
    I think they will try to protect connor until his at a level were he can compete with the best of the division comfortably like melendez for eg

Quote Originally Posted by sevicrane View Post
    I think they will try to protect connor until his at a level were he can compete with the best of the division comfortably like melendez for eg
    Oh I'm not saying they aren't going to protect him. You are right that they are going to. I'm just saying that it's not right.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

sevicrane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Oh I'm not saying they aren't going to protect him. You are right that they are going to. I'm just saying that it's not right.
    aw sorry I misunderstood you. yeah your right it shouldnt happen but unfortunately it does

Thread Information