Thread: Dennis Bermudez wants to get noticed by beating famous (but past his prime) Clay Guid

Default Dennis Bermudez wants to get noticed by beating famous (but past his prime) Clay Guid

Dennis Bermudez wants to get noticed by beating famous (but past his prime) Clay Guida
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/22/59...-attention-mma
    While Dennis admits he was looking to take on someone who is closer to their prime than Guida is, defeating "The Carpenter" will be a nice feather in his cap and will go a long way in shifting more eyeballs and cameras his way as he recently declared on The MMA Hour (via MMA Fighting):

"We were shooting for someone a little more, I don't know, someone more in their prime, if you will. I think Clay Guida's best days (are behind him). I think Clay Guida in his prime, which I think already passed, would beat Clay Guida now, if that makes sense. I mean, Clay Guida, he's a good fighter. That's why I'm pretty hyped about this. I really get to test myself and see where I'm at. The biggest aspect of this fight is that, in the MMA world, Clay Guida is famous, if you will. Everybody knows Clay Guida, people who don't even know MMA. Whereas, on the other side of the spectrum, me, nobody really knows who I am. People who really follow MMA hard or really watch my fights know who I am, but not as many people as Clay Guida. So for me, beating Clay Guida is like, hey, I'm Dennis Bermudez, I'm here. Keep an eye on me now. I'm shooting for the title."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I think Clay sets too high of a pace and outworks Bermudez. Should be a good scrap though
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information