Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Belfort Reinstated, WEIDMAN vs. BEFORT Confirmed For December 6th

thats so funny about what he said to chael about taking steroids, awesome haha.

Also while we are on the topic of terrible suspensions, ray rice getting 2 games for knocking his wife the fuck out in an elevator and its all on camera. What. A. Fucking. Joke.

I agree with that. I think people should get second chances, but Ray Rice is getting off way to light.

I don't know who Ray Rice is or what sport he plays but I don't think he should have been banned for any games. He should be dealt with by the relevant legal authority swiftly and justly. I don't think it has anything to do with sport though.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I don't know who Ray Rice is or what sport he plays but I don't think he should have been banned for any games. He should be dealt with by the relevant legal authority swiftly and justly. I don't think it has anything to do with sport though.
    so you would be agaisnt the UFC cutting Thiago Silva, correct?

And ray rice is a superbowl winning running back - who some can argue is easily a top 5 back in the league. He knocked his wife the fuck out in an elevator and then dragged her body across the floor - with it all on camera.

I'm fine with the UFC terminating Thiago Silva. I'm fine with Rice's team terminating, fining or otherwise punishing him in whatever way they see fit. They are/were both employees of their company and if they breach their contracts then their employer has a right to take action.

My point is that I don't think a league or commision should be involved with legal matters. A 2 game suspension should not even be in the equation because the guy should be in prison. I don't need to watch the video because I'm not making a point based on emotion but one I think is based on logic.

It is a priveledge to play in the nfl, not a right. They can suspend you for detrimental conduct. Alex Rodriguez wasn't convicted in a court of law, but he sure as fuck got suspended.

You guys make a lot of Ameican sporting references which I am not hugely familiar with so feel free to correct anything related to them that I get wrong. Wasn't A-Rod suspended for doping? Which is directly related to his sport? Whereas beating one's wife clearly isn't?

Yeah, not the best example on my part.

The Minnesota Twins know whats right - they were scheduled to induct Chuck Knoblauch into their hall of fame in August (this is MLB) and he was arrested wednesday for domestic assault...They have since cancelled his induction. Glad their is still a little faith left in pro sports. Not everyone is just there to make a $$.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    The Minnesota Twins know whats right - they were scheduled to induct Chuck Knoblauch into their hall of fame in August (this is MLB) and he was arrested wednesday for domestic assault...They have since cancelled his induction. Glad their is still a little faith left in pro sports. Not everyone is just there to make a $$.
    He got caught doing steroids and assaulted the same woman years ago. They shouldn't have considered inducting him to begin with.

Thread Information