Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Belfort Reinstated, WEIDMAN vs. BEFORT Confirmed For December 6th

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    He got caught doing steroids and assaulted the same woman years ago. They shouldn't have considered inducting him to begin with.
    True, but in their defense the steroids were as a yankee...surprise, surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I fucking loath this matchup.

Money talks on this one because after all, it's the second time Vitor's popped and for a friggin' repeat offender all he gets is basically gets a hand slap of eight-ish months "double secret" deal and immediately backs into a title fight, where he'll be rewarded with a sick payday on one of the biggest cards of the year.

He'll be 38 and I sincerely believe he can't come into this title fight and the camp it requires without some of those "pick-me-ups". They better be fucking testing him at all hours of the day, at random and I still think he'll get popped and blame a supplement.

The commission is only going to get harsher and harsher but this feels like a bad precedent to set, especially since Wand failed to TAKE the test and will probably get a year, while Vitor's a two-time failure and gets less than what he should....
    I actually really, really like what is going on here--if its the first step in a progression.

That being said, I just gave a guy 3 to 1 odds that Vitor doesn't make the fight. Even if he stays clean; I believe like he's mentally reliant on juice now, and will either get injured or pull out.

But I like that the NAC is taking the circumstances into consideration and not simply rubber stamping the situation; and I LOVE the part where the fighter in question foots the bill and will be randomly tested throughout the rest of their career.

This needs to happen moving forward for all first time offenders. One strike: you're tested randomly at your own expense.

What I'd like to see--and what the sonnen situation makes me doubt will happen--is a lifetime ban for second offenses, moving forward.

But I've been calling for random testing at the fighter's expense for years, it's great that it's become a reality, and I hope it becomes the norm, rather than the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    The NSAC can't physically stop Vitor from fighting anywhere else but other AC's tend to uphold any NSAC suspensions as do the UFC if the event is being held in a country without an athletic commission. The UFC said they wouldn't do the fight in Brazil if Vitor couldn't get licensed in the States, with the UFC's core business being in Vegas they want to avoid crossing the commission wherever possible, especially when it comes to fighter licenses.

The NSAC are able to put any reasonable conditions on issuing a licesnse and thus two they have demanded is that he doesn't fight outside of Nevada and is regularly, randomly drug tested atr his own expense. If Vitor didn't agree to those conditions he wouldn't have been issued a license and if he goes against them I imagine they would revoke his license and 'probably' not issue him another in the future.
    The NAC [they've dropped the "S" now, probably with the reboot when Kizer left] can simply refuse to license a fighter who doesn't abide by their sanctions, but they don't have the power to do anything else--and that's a good thing.

If you remember, Bigfoot got popped the first time and brought medical staff to a CSAC hearing explain how his acromegaly impacts his life and what meds he needs--this could be seen as the birth of the TUE process--and the CSAC didn't understand it, banned him anyway. His team argued that he needed to fight to pay for his medical expenses [he takes about 5k worth of drugs a month] and the CSAC upheld the ban. So he fought overseas. The AC then went after him and his cornermen, which was not only a douche move, it was beyond the purview. They should have just said "you guys can't practice/fight in CA again." Of course, the CSAC collapsed not long after.

I think what we're looking at is zuffa wanting to honor the AC's decision, and they wouldn't simply move a banned fighter to a different venue. Texas and NJ have shown that they'd host fighters who were under suspension from other ACs, but it's not in zuffa's best interest to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I have no in-depth knowledge of BJJ competitions or Galvao in particular but that is awesome.
    Galvao is one to watch, even if you've never gotten into it. Odds are, he'll give up 50lbs to a well-juiced sonnen--the producers of Metamoris have stated that they don't acknowledge or care about PED controversy--and still take him to school. He's certainly more than capable of it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Belfort opens as 4-1 underdog to Weidman
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...og-to-Weidman/
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

4. Default

Vitro has to do the Cheesus juice. Bro don't be ducking thru Vitor or the Vitor lighting. The Cheesus Vitro Mohawk lighting.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I've said it before that Vitor is a guy who juice or no juice if he connects and smells blood he can put on a barrage like no other.
    If Weidman can avoid getting stunned then this fight stays with him, on the other hand if Weidman gets caught Vitor is going to take the BELSCH to Braazil...and party with CHEESUS BRO.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post

Holy fuck...damn.

Benoit was and still is one of my favorite professional wrestlers ever. He is below Taker and above Brett Hart in my top 3 but damn that made me laugh. Fucked up but damn that is funny.

Yea I've posted some fucked up shit before, but that may take the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Yea I've posted some fucked up shit before, but that may take the cake.

that was definitely some of your finest work.

Luke Rockhold thinks Vitor Belfort's 'frail' body will fall apart before his title fight
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/27...l-apart-before

Chris Weidman will be 'real disappointed' if he doesn't finish the 'best Vitor Belfort ever'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/31/59...or-belfort-mma
    Weidman revealed to Newsday that if he doesn't score a stoppage victory over the Brazilian bomber in "Sin City," then he's going to go home disappointed.

His words:

"I respect him as a fighter. I'm going in there ready for an absolute war and ready for the best Vitor we've ever seen. I can't afford to have any lack of respect when it comes to fighting. That being said, I'm going in there to get a finish. If I don't get a finish, I'd be real disappointed."

Before "The Phenom" was able to get his much-desired shot at the 185-pound belt, he had to get cleared by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) after prior tests revealed that his testosterone levels were far from normal.

Despite his past transgressions, Belfort was given the green light and granted a conditional license to compete in the state of Nevada. As part of the terms, he will be subjected to plenty of random pre-fight drug testing of which will be taken care of by his personal bank account.

And as the two men gear up to begin their press tour, Weidman is getting his game face on and preparing to answer any and all questions regarding Vitor's past drug issues.

Something Belfort himself should be used to doing by now.

"At this point, he should be pretty used to that type of talk. Nothing should bother him at this point. If it's something that gets people excited, something to talk about, then he should be okay with it and I should be okay with it."

Thread Information