Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustafsson Injured, Jones vs. Cormier At UFC 178

Look for Johnny pokes to target the injured knee with oblique kicks and og course his trademark pokes.

I don't understand the the level of blinded love a couple of you guys have for Jon Jones. He is a tremendous fighter. Will go down as one of the best. UFC hall of famer. Could very well beat Daniel Cormier. That said I think some of you think he will have a "walk in the park." Ct and BK is this how you feel? DC has never been in trouble. Dismantled a former UFC heavyweight champ and ko'd a HW title challenger. What on earth makes you think, if you do, that Bones will dominate that man.

I liked DC in Strikeforce. I feel he has plateaued in the UFC. Sure he has fought larger opponents before but not at teh skill level of Jones. I think Jones takes it Rd3. GnP. I think Jones length and speed will give DC problems. Olympics or not I think DC is going to have issues getting Jones to the ground. He is going to realize he is in the ring with a completely different animal than he has faced.

I wish all of the best for a speedy recovery for Gus, but am not at all disappointed in this matchup. In fact, I think Cormier will beat Jones!

Gus will recover and and be right back in the mix, hopefully to take on the winner of Jones/DC.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I don't understand the the level of blinded love a couple of you guys have for Jon Jones. He is a tremendous fighter. Will go down as one of the best. UFC hall of famer. Could very well beat Daniel Cormier. That said I think some of you think he will have a "walk in the park." Ct and BK is this how you feel? DC has never been in trouble. Dismantled a former UFC heavyweight champ and ko'd a HW title challenger. What on earth makes you think, if you do, that Bones will dominate that man.
    HW title challenger. You really think Bigfoot is in the same category as Jones? Title challenger as in our HW division is so thin you get a shot. And dismantling a guy that lost to the hawaiian and beat Mir and Tire Guy Rogers.

It's kind of funny you discount Bigfoot, Barnett, Mir, Nelson, Henderson, and Monson.

That's a pretty amazing group of guys to have fought within your first 15 pro fights.

Maybe you see the world different than some people, though.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I think you are thinking of what Barnett, Mir, Henderson and Monson WERE. Not what they ARE now. Bigfoot is the best contender he has faced and Bigfoot doesn't even have nearly the skillset Jones has. Its like comparing apples and oranges.

8. Default

Are you implying that Jones has a better skillset then Josh Barnett? Id say Jones relies much more on physical gifts then any skillset he's displayed so far. I dont count eye gouging as a skill though, so maybe thats the difference here.

I see Jones beating everyone DC has and more convincingly. At this point in his career yes I think Jones skillset is leaps and bounds above Barnett. Far more well rounded than Barnett.

I think saying Jones beats Bigfoot Silva more convincingly than a clean KO in the first round is a stretch even for a Sherdog troll.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information