Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustafsson Injured, Jones vs. Cormier At UFC 178

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I'd go so far as to say that Bigfoot would give Jones fits at HW given his chin, sheer mass, and length but that's one we may never know.
    Remember when Bigfoot almost got KTFO by Mike Kyle - a LHW? And has been finished via strikes 3 times...im not sure i would label Bigfoot as an iron chin kind of guy, but then again i also dont consider Jones a KO artist either. Like i said below though, everyone DC has beat at HW Jones could beat. Monson, Nelson, Mir, Starring, Bigfoot, Barnett, etc would be relatively easy wins for Jones imho

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    . How will that translate against Jones? He's done things in beating top HW's that I don't think Jones could do, but that doesn't mean he can beat Jones himself.
    says who? I would argue everyone DC beat at HW Jones would beat - given the fact that Jones wouldnt be worrying about keeping his weight down, could focus on putting on as much muscle as he can with his frame - and given how big his brother are im sure he could get close to the 240-250 range and be a physical beast.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Remember when Bigfoot almost got KTFO by Mike Kyle - a LHW? And has been finished via strikes 3 times...im not sure i would label Bigfoot as an iron chin kind of guy, but then again i also dont consider Jones a KO artist either. Like i said below though, everyone DC has beat at HW Jones could beat. Monson, Nelson, Mir, Starring, Bigfoot, Barnett, etc would be relatively easy wins for Jones imho

says who? I would argue everyone DC beat at HW Jones would beat - given the fact that Jones wouldnt be worrying about keeping his weight down, could focus on putting on as much muscle as he can with his frame - and given how big his brother are im sure he could get close to the 240-250 range and be a physical beast.
    Jones has never knocked anyone out standing anyway so why does pointing out Big Foot's knockout history have any relevance?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

Sure Bigfoot almost lost to Kyle but since then he has taken shots from the likes of Fedor, Hunt, Brown and Overreem without going out - Maybe not an iron chin but sure as fuck a tough chin.

As for Jones beating everyone DC has beat at HW, that is a lot of assumptions being made.

Jones size has a big advantage going for him at LHW.

Jones at HW would not have such a distinct size advantage.

Would Jones beat all those guys? Possibly, but to just write them off as a garuntee is a bit much.

Cormier beat numerous guys bigger than him, Jones struggled against the only guy who was his size. Until Jones decides to go up a weight class and fight people his size or bigger, I dont think he deserves that benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 07-24-2014 at 09:48 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I was at the event wher mike kyle almost ko'd big foot. He hit him with a fucking hard shot. Great recovery, from what I remember, by Bigfoot.

You can't say jones could beat those heavy weights b/c he hasn't. What you can say is that DC has beaten one of the best me/lhw's ever (I will concede the fact that said lhw is small, old, and no longer on trt, and yes I do still have a man crush on him.)

Edit: mw/lhw

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Sure Bigfoot almost lost to Kyle but since then he has taken shots from the likes of Fedor, Hunt, Brown and Overreem without going out - Maybe not an iron chin but sure as fuck a tough chin.
    Hunt should have an * due to his positive drug test. travis brown blew his hamstring in the first round - cant say he took "shots" per say in that one (only hit him 8 total times). just saying.

As for Jones beating everyone DC has beat at HW, that is a lot of assumptions being made.
    sure it is, but im basing my 'assumptions' on Jones being one of - if not THE greatest talent in MMA history going up agianst guys at HW that are light years slower (not just talking throwing combinations), less athletic - minus Cain (who is the only one i would be worried about betting my money against at HW when it comes to jones).

Im sorry i just dont see the likes of Bigfoot (PEDs or not) Monson, Barnett, etc, etc, causing jones many problems if any at all.

Jones size has a big advantage going for him at LHW.
    ah thats right, the old - only successful because of his size argument. I forgot.

Jones at HW would not have such a distinct size advantage.
    So that MUST mean he cant compete with those at HW. Only DC (apparently) can.

Would Jones beat all those guys? Possibly, but to just write them off as a garuntee is a bit much.
    and yet i am.

Cormier beat numerous guys bigger than him, Jones struggled against the only guy who was his size. Until Jones decides to go up a weight class and fight people his size or bigger, I dont think he deserves that benefit of the doubt.
    and yet im giving him more than the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Jones has never knocked anyone out standing anyway so why does pointing out Big Foot's knockout history have any relevance?
    because i was stating i didnt think Bigfoot had a great chin like SJ was alluding to. to each their own i guess. i wouldnt say a guy who has been finished via strikes 3 times and being dropped by a LHW fighter has a great chin.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    What you can say is that DC has beaten one of the best me/lhw's ever (I will concede the fact that said lhw is small, old, and no longer on trt, and yes I do still have a man crush on him.)

Edit: mw/lhw
    so jones gets ripped apart for fighting 'smaller' guys yet DC is praised for his beatdown of arugably the greatest P4P fighter in mma history (like you said mostly MW/LHW) when DC came down from HW - thats interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Did you read the comments he was responding to? If so, then you would know why Bigfoots knockout history is relevant to the discussion...
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I don't understand the the level of blinded love a couple of you guys have for Jon Jones.
    I don't like Jones but the blind hatred for him on this forum is a lot more widespread than any blind love. If you had never seen him fight before and read some of threads here you'd think he was only successful because he is tall and pokes eyes.

Jones has to be the favourite but I'm intrigued by the challenge DC will bring. I'm still disappointed the Goose match is off but as the PPV gets closer I know I will get more and more excited for this match up and how it plays out. I want to see an aggressive DC who puts Bones on the back foot and gives him something different to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Did you read the comments he was responding to? If so, then you would know why Bigfoots knockout history is relevant to the discussion...
    ice doenst read threads - remember

Gus will get his shot.

Shitty break for the big swede.

In the meantime should be interesting to see how DC handles the reach.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

[QUOTE=BonesKnows;1090366]

Hunt should have an * due to his positive drug test. travis brown blew his hamstring in the first round - cant say he took "shots" per say in that one (only hit him 8 total times). just saying.

sure it is, but im basing my 'assumptions' on Jones being one of - if not THE greatest talent in MMA history going up agianst guys at HW that are light years slower (not just talking throwing combinations), less athletic - minus Cain (who is the only one i would be worried about betting my money against at HW when it comes to jones).

Im sorry i just dont see the likes of Bigfoot (PEDs or not) Monson, Barnett, etc, etc, causing jones many problems if any at all.

ah thats right, the old - only successful because of his size argument. I forgot.

So that MUST mean he cant compete with those at HW. Only DC (apparently) can.

and yet i am.

and yet im giving him more than the benefit of the doubt.

because i was stating i didnt think Bigfoot had a great chin like SJ was alluding to. to each their own i guess. i wouldnt say a guy who has been finished via strikes 3 times and being dropped by a LHW fighter has a great chin.

I didnt say Jones only successful because of his size, I said it was an advantage for Jones at LHW that he would not have at HW. Do you disagree?

Jones has not fought at HW so again, for you to right off all the HW fighters as garuntee wins for Jones is a bit of a stretch. If Jones thought he could run through the HW division as you seem to think he could, dont you think Jones would have done it by now?

Both you and Jones have said DC, Gus and the rest of the LHW's are not worthy of Jones in the past, plus you think Jones could run thought the HW division, yet you have no criticism for Jones sticking around at LHW to fight smaller guys?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information