Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustafsson Injured, Jones vs. Cormier At UFC 178

Bonesknows, read my previous comments in this thread. I am taking nothing away from Bones. I think he is great and I like him. I was illustrating a point that DC has shown that he can beat lhw's where bones has not shown the ability to beat heavy weights.

Edit: to lordcc, I can dig that.

I cannot fathom some of the shit being said in this thread: saying Jones beats Bigfoot and Barnett easily is outlandish and fucking absurd. lets not bring heavyweights into this please.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I think DC with a full training camp and not requiring knee surgery would beat Jones. However, if there is ever a time for Jones to beat him; it is now. DC has two major disadvantages going into this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Transworld View Post
    I think DC with a full training camp and not requiring knee surgery would beat Jones. However, if there is ever a time for Jones to beat him; it is now. DC has two major disadvantages going into this fight.
    stop making excuses for DC. If he felt any of these things would affect the outcome of the fight he wouldnt have taken it. Much like Goose pulling out because hes not 100%.

has it been made public what Goose is out with and how long? Didnt read much of the begining stages of this thread because i was at work....Would be nice to see the rematch at the Superbowl card next February if possible

Ever since the Gus fight Jones doesn't even wanna talk about HW anymore. Hell look at all the bs it took for him to even sign for the rematch with Gus.

Like Trans said. If There's ever more than a chance for Cormier to lose against Jones its now with all these obstacles to overcome. We already Jonesy will target the bad knee with oblique kicks too. And of course we'll also see another poke fest with no warnings given.

I'm also willing to bet Gus will probably be forced to take another fight after Jones cries about the rematch again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Ever since the Gus fight Jones doesn't even wanna talk about HW anymore. Hell look at all the bs it took for him to even sign for the rematch with Gus.
    yeah, i mean the way he wanted to go to his brothers wedding - AND have the fight on american soil rather than in Sweden? How dare he.

Like Trans said. If There's ever more than a chance for Cormier to lose against Jones its now with all these obstacles to overcome. We already Jonesy will target the bad knee with oblique kicks too. And of course we'll also see another poke fest with no warnings given.
    your butthurt amazes me.

I'm also willing to bet Gus will probably be forced to take another fight after Jones cries about the rematch again.
    doubtful. After Jones runs through DC theres only a fight with Goose left for Jones at LHW
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 07-24-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    has it been made public what Goose is out with and how long? Didnt read much of the begining stages of this thread because i was at work....Would be nice to see the rematch at the Superbowl card next February if possible
    All Gus said was it's not a serious injury but he needs the time to heal, according to his Facebook video he posted earlier.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

yeah, i mean the way he wanted to go to his brothers wedding - AND have the fight on american soil rather than in Sweden? How dare he.

your butthurt amazes me.

doubtful. After Jones runs through DC theres only a fight with Goose left for Jones at LHW
    Honestly, I would not be surprised at all if Johnson gets fast tracked into title contention after he beats Lil Nog. If he destroys Nog and fights another top 10 LHW, then he would quite possibly be ahead of Gus for a title shot; considering that Gus is coming off of an injury and has only won 1 fight against a top 10 opponent since 2012.
    Last edited by CtGreat; 07-24-2014 at 11:34 PM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Honestly, I would not be surprised at all if Johnson gets fast tracked into title contention after he beats Lil Nog. If he destroys Nog and fights another top 10 LHW, then he would quite possibly be ahead of Gus for a title shot; considering that Gus is coming off of an injury and has only won 1 fight against a top 10 opponent since 2012.
    wouldnt it be hilarious if THE Anthony Johnson got a LHW title shot. If i told you that a year ago you would have laughed in my face. What happened to the LHW division...oh thats right, i know.

ps. you're about to open a whole can of worms with that Goose stat

stop making excuses for DC. If he felt any of these things would affect the outcome of the fight he wouldnt have taken it. Much like Goose pulling out because hes not 100%.

I having nothing against Jones, I like him. Just stating two facts. DC really doesn't have much choice but to except the fight. LCL and ACL surgery could put him out for 1 year. If he waited 1 year, the whole landscape could change by then. I don't know Jones or DC personally, so I really don't care who wins. It should be a good fight know matter who wins. I am not bias, neither of them are putting money in my pocket.

Thread Information