Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustafsson Injured, Jones vs. Cormier At UFC 178

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Yeah grasping at straws SJ. Bring up whatever you want but there's a reason numerous posters have backed down some from the site. Not saying I haven't been a douche before but it gets old. So I've calmed down. And when you calm down you see the same things over and over.

Back to the Facebook page for now. War on boys. Let's burn Jones at the stake!
    I'm not grasping at anything. I had hoped jones would have manned-up and, rather than deleting it and people making excuses he would have simply said, "shit, dick move on my end. I'm still beating your ass but I had no idea that had happened." That doesn't hurt anyone.

I get pretty riled up about martial arts and the fact that one of our first lessons was humility and compassion. These are champions and public figures in that realm.

Do I get out of line occasionally? Probably. Is this a different time and an odd balance of entertainment and martial arts? Yeah.

You made your own bed around here with the other posters and your sensitivity. If something I do has pushed people away then that's too bad and I will re-evaluate myself as I have done before.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    damn return, i was going for top 3...i will settle with top 5 i guess. Funny that the people who pop off on here ans say stupid shit like this;

Are the same ones who are still hiding behind their keyboard without a face to put with their screen name. Keep hiding behind that screen name my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    clearly you guys have missed the point of my comment. With the FB group and knowing people on a more personal level; you avoid stupid comments like yours Retrun. It makes for a more respectful discussion. Instead you would rather hid behind you screen name and type away like the warrior you are. I was not suggesting we take this to facebook, i was not suggesting we should fight or do this face to face.

The forum is a lot better - as many of us have pointed out on the FB goup -when the discussion is just that a discussion and you dont have people saying things like 'remove that black dildo out of your mouth thats named jones.' Since the group has been made things have been rather peaceful around here and there hasnt been much of this bullshit - until you returned. Oh the irony of your screen name continues.

And W.Silva we dont want any cheaters in the group anyway
    Discussion? Hell I agree with you there. It is better when its held to discussion of MMA on here. However when you are blantantly and blindly swinging from someone's nuts like you swing from Jones you shouldn't be surprised when someone takes a crack at you. You want to try and spinbit that I add nothing to discussion? Was that your goal? You failed. Go look at the whole bones is a dirty fighter thread. You offer nothing constructive. You blindly support Jones. I'm a Jones fan but I won't ignore the facts. It is impossible to hold a decent conversation with someone who thinks a fighter is always right and go do no wrong.

And for who ever lost there unborn baby I am sorry for your loss. But to me a stranger sending me condolences from Facebook doesn't mean shit. Its kind of an empty I don't know you but its the right kinda thing to do gesture. If that's your thing cool. It isn't mine and I can tell someone like Bone's isn't the kind of person I would ever need advice or sympathy from.

Was it nice of him. Sure. But I don't get sharing your shit with the world.

I don't put my personal shit out there. I have people in person in my life for that. I come here for the MMA. If someone brings up a person situation on here and needs advice and support I will offer it like I just did. But I have no desire to be in a FB click for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I have. That doesn't mean it wasn't a dick move.
    IF Jones didn't know about the situation when he made the comment I don't see how it can be a dick move or cocksucker statement. Under those circumstances it was said without the dark intentions that make such a thing offensive.

I don't think a public apology is necessary, if there is a need to express regret for the comment then it should be done privately between the two of them. That would be more genuine and no one could accuse Jones of only doing it for PR purposes.

I am more excited about this fight than Jones-Gustafsson. Styles make fights and stylistically I think Cormier is a worse matchup for Jones. Cormier has amazing wrestling, is more athletic, and has much more power than Gustafsson to make this a little more interesting. I'm not sure how the knee will pan out but at least in my opinion, he will be fine as he is still able to compete at a high level given his fight against Hendo and his recent retirement wrestling match.

I also thought Jones was going to beat Gustafsson much more convincingly in the rematch as I believed we saw the best Gustafsson in that fight and an ill-prepared Jones, not in terms of his training camp but in terms of being prepared mentally for a tough fight. He was definitely surprised in that fight and took a while to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    And for who ever lost there unborn baby I am sorry for your loss. But to me a stranger sending me condolences from Facebook doesn't mean shit. Its kind of an empty I don't know you but its the right kinda thing to do gesture. If that's your thing cool. It isn't mine and I can tell someone like Bone's isn't the kind of person I would ever need advice or sympathy from.

Was it nice of him. Sure. But I don't get sharing your shit with the world.

I don't put my personal shit out there. I have people in person in my life for that. I come here for the MMA. If someone brings up a person situation on here and needs advice and support I will offer it like I just did. But I have no desire to be in a FB click for anything.
    I dont share my shit with the world, I shared it WITH THE PEOPLE IN PERSON IN MY LIFE and Facebook is hw I keep in touch with close friends and family as alot of them dont live near me anymore, and he happened to see it on there. It meant something to me because he didnt have to, he could of kept scrolling and went on about his day. There is more MMA discussion and logic in that Facebook group than the fucking petty ass arguments and fanboy vs hater bullshit that goes on here in the past couple days, in the week the group has been active. So dont knock on us just because we decided to actually make a way to stay in touch if something should so ever happen to this website and we actually get to see the people we are talking to and have conversations and discussions about the Sport and others on there. It's whatever, no hard feelings that you are too good for us on Facebook, but some of us actually do consider each other friends on here as long as we been around. I personally thought you and I were better than that

If you mutherfuckers want to keep it about MMA lets fucking keep it about MMA and stop the stupid ass fighting over nonsense. Until then, several of you diva-ass fucking drama queens need to take your own advice and stop escalating shit or making a mountain out of a mole hill just to stir the pot.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 07-26-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

So Daniel Cormier is fighting Bones Jones now? How about that?
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    So Daniel Cormier is fighting Bones Jones now? How about that?
    What's going on? What happened to Gus?

Just kidding. I am pumped for this fight. Definitely most antipated fight of the year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Rumble has been dominating for awhile even in WSoF, he's #5 in the division, he should of been fighting Glover right now instead of Lil Nog. If he gets a title shot its definitely not undeserving, to seal that fact tho give him 1 more fight after this with someone actually relevant to put someone in the contendership with a decisive victory. Rumble wrecks Lil Nog saturday and he WILL get his title shot soon enough. Rumble vs Jones would be fun, but I'd like to have him fight atleast 2 more high profile matchups to set his contention doubters minds straight.

I personally think Rumble beats Teixiera as well, I'll speak more on that after we see how he performs Saturday, but I am expecting we watch nothing less than domination from Johnson. It's funny how the tide has changed, there for awhile I was critical of him and a huge doubter with all his weight issues and misadventures with the lighter weight classes, but he has really turned things around at LHW. He's matured and grown very nicely as a Mixed Martial Artist, feel free to doubt him, I hope his performance will yet again speak for itself, as it should.
    I think moving up was the best thing he ever did. I never thought he was "that" good and all the missed weights made me really dislike him. I think you are right though, at LHW I could see him becoming a contender.

That said, I still hope little Nog knocks him out tonight.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    I think moving up was the best thing he ever did. I never thought he was "that" good and all the missed weights made me really dislike him. I think you are right though, at LHW I could see him becoming a contender.

That said, I still hope little Nog knocks him out tonight.
    THANK YOU seriously. I was waiting for someone to comment on that post or flame me for it. We'll agree to disagree on who we want to win, but I'm just happy someone actually decided to comment on it. Watch out for headkicks tonight! he's been setting those up pretty nicely .

cheers to a good fight my friend
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I can't watch the fights tonight.....cable and internet is down. Booooooooo

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Thread Information