Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustafsson Injured, Jones vs. Cormier At UFC 178

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    DC is going to need to get in there and neutralize that reach of Bones. He needs to be on him like stink on shit and not let him breathe or be comfortable. He's got his hands full but I like his mentality and confidence, think he should of waited until he was 100% and got his knee fixed like Gus is doing but hey that's my opinion and obviously it's a non-issue or he wouldnt chance wasting his opportunity to take the belt.
    DC says he did a backflip and that his knee is fine.

That being said, I think Jones will jab DC all night long untill he gets a chance to land elbows, which will be destructive.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post

That being said, I think Jones will jab DC all night long untill he gets a chance to land elbows, which will be destructive.
    remember when he elbowed rashad and they looked like hooks? Yeah, more of that.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I really want to see Rumble vs Bones, more so than Cormier vs Bones. Not that I'm doubting that DC will make it competitive, I just think Rumble matches up better and that will be a better fight. Hey I could be wrong tho, I've been wrong before. I still want to see that fight and I believe it will happen soon

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I'm was wondering how DC will approach the inevitable hand-fighting. Rashad handled about as badly as is possible, getting fixated on winning the hand battle and getting clocked with those hook-bows time and time again.

DC's reach really hampers him here. It would be difficult for him to hook over the top of Bones's shoulders and connect with anything meaningful. Likewise Bones can keep his body angled away to negate body strikes and still get his hands up in DC's grill and get him handfighting.

Grab the wrists and try and slingshot forward into a body lock? Slap them away and try and lunge into an overhand? Seems predictable. Try some old school arm drag?

am scratching my head on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I agree, Jones is going to work those elbows and I am sure they will do serious damage. I am not sure how DC will close the distance in an effective way but I am sure he has watched the Evans tape numerous times.

DC has seemed to be able to neutralize the larger fighters reach in the past but Jones is a whole different beast.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I agree, Jones is going to work those elbows and I am sure they will do serious damage. I am not sure how DC will close the distance in an effective way but I am sure he has watched the Evans tape numerous times.

DC has seemed to be able to neutralize the larger fighters reach in the past but Jones is a whole different beast.
    already workin them bows in training camp.

DC has a bit of talent and strength. People started beating Chuck Liddell when they stopped fearing him or respecting him too much in the Octagon. There's not a total science about it if you ask me (so genius ha!). I think DC or whomever is at the reach disadvantage has to "go for it" - bob/weave while moving in aggressively throwing some bad intentions or wrapping a takedown like a bear. You just have to commit to doing it and not be scared or worried about it. If you have the talent & strength, the controlled chaos mindset going in for it can get the job done. If you don't have the tools it won't work of course. I think DC has the tools. Someone has to bring it with the combination of aggression, intelligence, speed, & strength to make Jones a little worrisome.

I think DC can win a couple rounds, but can he take 3? I think this fight goes to decision either way.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    DC has a bit of talent and strength. People started beating Chuck Liddell when they stopped fearing him or respecting him too much in the Octagon .
    People stopped fearing him though when they realized he had apple sauce for a chin.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    I think DC can win a couple rounds, but can he take 3? I think this fight goes to decision either way.
    Same here, Jones is a beast in the championship rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIcon View Post
    People stopped fearing him though when they realized he had apple sauce for a chin.
    It began with the failed Pride tourney stint imo.

Thread Information