Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustafsson Injured, Jones vs. Cormier At UFC 178

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I can speak not only for myself but a lot of posters and say that the Riv/Cat vs Bones wars has gotten beyond old and driven a lot of people away. The topic doesn't even matter anymore at this point.
    That is not what I asked and you avoided my question.

The topic does matter, this is an mma forum and I was expressing a view that a champion should not be publically humiliating an innocent female.. if someone disagrees with me, a discussion will ensue.

I find it hard to imagine, you don't agree with my stance on this topic from previous views you have expressed.

Be it Bones or Joe Dirt, if someone tries to justify the champs behavior or to vilify the female for sticking up for herself - I will voice my opposing views.

I also find it interesting you decide to call me out on this when if you read back through the thread, it is obvious who was having a respectful conversation and who was trolling for a response.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 08-01-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This thread lacks DSLs.

Is the kids girlfriend cute?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Buddy should have kept his girl in check. He should have said sorry bae, i was being a douche bag online and commented some smart ass shit on a world champions IG and he gave it back to 100x time worse than i did. He called you ugly, it is what it is.

She went out of her way to make this about her being a women. How shes a mother, a hard worker, a college graduate, etc, etc yet Jones never said anything to refute ANY of those points. He called her ugly. Shes ugly. The sky is blue. Water is wet.

Stop being so goddamn uptight.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post

Is the kids girlfriend cute?
    if you're into plus sized women, you may think so. Some ppl are, some ppl arent. To each their own when it comes to women and their looks.

Last edited by BonesKnows; 08-01-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Buddy should have kept his girl in check. He should have said sorry bae, i was being a douche bag online and commented some smart ass shit on a world champions IG and he gave it back to 100x time worse than i did. He called you ugly, it is what it is.

She went out of her way to make this about her being a women. How shes a mother, a hard worker, a college graduate, etc, etc yet Jones never said anything to refute ANY of those points. He called her ugly. Shes ugly. The sky is blue. Water is wet.

Stop being so goddamn uptight.
    Clearly you still don't understand the points being made.

And how should buddy have 'kept his girlfriend in check'? All she did was respond to a disrespectful comment from Jon Jones that was about her.

You justify Jones responding to assholes on the internet yet you vilify the girlfriend for doing the exact same thing.

I am not being uptight, I just think Jones should act in a more mature manner and show females respect - if not as a good person or a good Christian, then as an ambassador for a sport that is already viewed in a negative light by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    And how should buddy have 'kept his girlfriend in check'? All she did was respond to a disrespectful comment from Jon Jones that was about her.
    numerous ways. Could have said dont escalate things. Let it be. Dont bring yourself down to our level (her husband and Jones). Show that you are better than him by not letting it get to you, etc, etc, etc...the same things you guys argue Jones should do to avoid responding to the trolls. Or is that only a one way street?

I am not being uptight, I just think Jones should act in a more mature manner and show females respect - if not as a good person or a good Christian, then as an ambassador for a sport that is already viewed in a negative light by many.
    You're being uptight.

numerous ways. Could have said dont escalate things. Let it be. Dont bring yourself down to our level (her husband and Jones). Show that you are better than him by not letting it get to you, etc, etc, etc...the same things you guys argue Jones should do to avoid responding to the trolls. Or is that only a one way street?

You're being uptight.
    Oh ok. So the female should have remained silent and allowed Jones to embarrass her. And if she attempted to stand up for herself, 'her man should have kept her in line'. Got it.

I have never said Jones should avoid responding to trolls, I think I even said he should embrace it as long as he stands behind his words at the start of this thread. I have said he should not be making disrespectful comments towards innocent females though.

You talk about one way streets, yet you stick up for Jones when he responds to trolls and shit on a female for responding to Jon's trolling...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

You talk about one way streets, yet you stick up for Jones when he responds to trolls and shit on a female for responding to Jon's trolling...
    i shit on her for trying to make this some womens rights thing. When she called him chauvinistic when nothing he said was chauvinistic. When she said she was a women, a mother, a hard worker, a college graduate - as if Jones said anything to refute those points.

I shit on her for saying the things she said because she argues Jones is wrong for what he said, when the same can be said about Jones - a father, hard worker, etc. etc.

Like i said, im positive Jones has herd things a million times worse on twitter and IG about him and his family. Saying 'lol thats your girl' isnt a big deal to me at all. Actually i dont see a problem with it at all. If her husband didnt step out of line and start running his mouth on the interweb, this wouldnt have happened.

i shit on her for trying to make this some womens rights thing. When she called him chauvinistic when nothing he said was chauvinistic. When she said she was a women, a mother, a hard worker, a college graduate - as if Jones said anything to refute those points.

I shit on her for saying the things she said because she argues Jones is wrong for what he said, when the same can be said about Jones - a father, hard worker, etc. etc.
    It is hard to debate a point when one side of the argument doesn't understand the basic theories in women's rights / women's studies or anything of the sort.

Jones judged her as a person based off her looks, as she pointed out, a female is much more than just their looks... a mother, graduate yada yada yada.

Jones is wrong for what he said.

She did not insult Jon until he insulted her... Sure Jon is a father, hard worker yada yada, she never prejudged Jon until he lobbed a personal attack her way. And when she did judge Jon, it was based off his comments not his looks.... never mind this is clearly a pointless effort.

Reminds me of a saying I once heard LW quote... "Wise men never argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who".

Jones Says He’s Heard It All Before, Not Intimidated By Cormier
    His hands are too fast.’ ‘His Jiu Jitsu is too good.’ ‘His wrestling is too good.’ ‘He’s too fast.’ ‘Too experienced.’ ‘Can’t beat his Karate.’ ‘Can’t beat his timing.’ I’ve literally heard everything. Everything.

Thread Information