Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 283

Thread: Gustafsson Injured, Jones vs. Cormier At UFC 178

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    9,105

    Default

    I did not find her attractive, not one bit.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    I did not find her attractive, not one bit.
    Shes a women you know!!! And a mother!! and a college graduate!!! and works hard!!! How dare you say something like that about her you chauvinistic pig!!!!

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,588

    Default

    To make fun of how looks another man's woman is very childish and douchey.
    It is not our business if she is beautiful, fat, ugly, skinny, smart, stupid etc.

    If the guy dating her is happy with her, then good for him.
    Most of us have a girlfriend/wife. And if we are in that relationship is because we are happy with our girl, because she make us feel great things (and not only during sex), and because we find her beautiful.

    Everyone have different preferences regarding a woman and some people will not find attractive your GF/Wife, so what?? You may also find very unattractive their gf/wife.
    But for someone to make fun of your girl, to say that she is ugly (No one gives a fuck if in your opinion she is indeed so ugly), is very disrespectful and childish.

    You can expect those things from silly brats, they are still little dumb kids that (hopefully) someday will grow up.
    But to read that from a MMA champion that should by now understand how to behave in public, is absolutely disgusting.

    Bones Knows, how would you feel if someone laughed at your woman?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  5. #255
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Bones Knows, how would you feel if someone laughed at your woman?
    on the internet? I wouldnt care. Let the tolls troll. Giving them a reaction is what they want.

    and so we are clear; in my years of sports - you hear things 1000x worse. Ive said / have had said to me worse things during a game than 'lol this is your girl'

  6. #256
    sam126 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Reminds me of a saying I once heard LW quote... "Wise men never argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who".
    That appears to be what's going on. Those of us who read this forum (including those of us who can't get a mod to generate a freaking confirm link to sign in) understand that BK makes himself look foolish because he throws out so much spin on Jones' actions that it makes any good points he makes look like bullshit. In this case, I don't know if it's a beef with BK, dislike of Jones or feminism brainwashing, but this argument is as silly as anything I've seen BK say (well, almost).

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    It is hard to debate a point when one side of the argument doesn't understand the basic theories in women's rights / women's studies or anything of the sort.
    The basic theory in women's studies is that all men are part of a club with the end goal of casting (or keeping) all women in social bondage. The funny thing is that every man you ask about the club will truthfully tell you he wasn't invited to be a member.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Jones judged her as a person based off her looks, as she pointed out, a female is much more than just their looks... a mother, graduate yada yada yada.

    She did not insult Jon until he insulted her... Sure Jon is a father, hard worker yada yada, she never prejudged Jon until he lobbed a personal attack her way. And when she did judge Jon, it was based off his comments not his looks.... never mind this is clearly a pointless effort.
    He said: "Lol that's your girl!?" - full stop.

    He didn't say, "Lol, that's your girl!? Why don't you get that warthog faced monster in the picture to make you a sandwich? (Of course, judging from that body you're gonna have a tough fight getting that sandwich away from her!)."

    From the comment he actually made, there's no insult. Her going off about all the accomplishments she feels she's made and your characterizing the comment as a humiliating personal attack are more about how you and she think she looks than anything else. Either way, (and it gives me chills just typing this) BK is right. That comment, while it certainly implies that Jones wouldn't be pursuing that particular woman, isn't chauvinistic.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Jones is wrong for what he said.
    This I agree with completely. Not because it's a humiliating attack, but because it's a non sequitur. It's like someone telling Lebron that he's going to get shut down in his next game and his replying, "Your car is a piece of shit!"

    Anyway, on-topic, I'm excited about the fight for one reason: to see how the ref handles fingers in the face. No one with internet access and the slightest interest in MMA is unaware that since Jones stuck his pinky so deep in Glover's eye that it came out the back of his head, everyone has become aware that eyepokes are a chronic foul for Jones.

    With all that extra scrutiny (which I'm sure all the refs are aware of), I could see them overly quick to throw out warnings or take points. If that happens, I see Jones getting taken down and pounded out (not because Cormier's just better, but because Jones has been using that hand in the face his whole career and having it taken away in a fight would probably make him very hesitant). On the other hand, the ref could say, "I'm not letting a bunch of internet trolls tell me how to call a fight!", and letting the ocular threat exist as it has (In which case, I see Cormier being handled like just about everyone else Jones has faced. Cormier needs to get close for a takedown because he's not one of those quick, St-Pierre-esque wrestlers who can take you down from 6 feet away, he's a walk-em-down and drag 'em to the mat type. I think Jones is too quick for him if he can't force his way in).

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam126 View Post
    That appears to be what's going on. Those of us who read this forum (including those of us who can't get a mod to generate a freaking confirm link to sign in) understand that BK makes himself look foolish because he throws out so much spin on Jones' actions that it makes any good points he makes look like bullshit. In this case, I don't know if it's a beef with BK, dislike of Jones or feminism brainwashing, but this argument is as silly as anything I've seen BK say (well, almost).
    Send the ADMIN a private message. I mentioned this situation to him that some GUEST's cannot create actual accounts, we were actually talking on Facebook how to make the site better and what is currently in the process of being done.


    As for Cat and Pashak, I agree with everything you both said pretty much to a T.
    but
    BK: I've said some horrible shit to my opponents during games too..but I'm sorry I dont like anybody disrespecting my woman. If I care about her, I dont give a fuck if you are Jesus Christ himself, if she didnt do anything to you nor said anything to START the altercation, you keep her out of it.

    Jon Jones talked shit about his wife first, just because dude said DC was gonna beat his ass.. Then called him fat and THEN trashed his girl. You dont see the problem with that?

    I have never picked a fight with a dude err ran my mouth or whatever, and all of a sudden started bad mouthing his girl like this instance(when she isnt even in the equation or saying anything).. If my problem is with you, it stays with you.


    With that, I'm leaving.. This thread should of been deleted and burned from the archives a long time ago
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    World of Pain!
    Posts
    4,524

    Default

    First off- can somebody get sam126 a full fucking fledged user account?

    Second- for the second time today everything pasha k said.

  9. #259
    sam126 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    First off- can somebody get sam126 a full fucking fledged user account?
    Haha. I hate annoying people with my whining, but it's the first time in YEARS that I've been able to whine about this and know people are hearing my whining...

    Hell, even the fucking spambots can get their accounts verified!

    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Send the ADMIN a private message. I mentioned this situation to him that some GUEST's cannot create actual accounts, we were actually talking on Facebook how to make the site better and what is currently in the process of being done.
    Send a private from where? The user account I can't log in to?
    Unless you're saying send a message through the "contact us" link? Is someone reading/responding to those now?

    Funny story, just the other day I registered to a different forum. The problem with it never sending me a confirm email occurred. I went to the "contact us" and told them what happened and what my username was. An hour later, I got an email saying, "Here's your confirm link".

    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    As for Cat and Pashak, I agree with everything you both said pretty much to a T.
    but
    BK: I've said some horrible shit to my opponents during games too..but I'm sorry I dont like anybody disrespecting my woman. If I care about her, I dont give a fuck if you are Jesus Christ himself, if she didnt do anything to you nor said anything to START the altercation, you keep her out of it.
    Agreed... but... If someone said "LOl that's your girl?" and you cared about her, wouldn't you instantly message back something along the lines of: "Yeah, and a better woman or prouder man you'll never meet."?

    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Jon Jones talked shit about his wife first, just because dude said DC was gonna beat his ass.. Then called him fat and THEN trashed his girl. You dont see the problem with that?

    I have never picked a fight with a dude err ran my mouth or whatever, and all of a sudden started bad mouthing his girl like this instance(when she isnt even in the equation or saying anything).. If my problem is with you, it stays with you.
    He said "that's your girl?". Sure, he's implying that he wouldn't want her, but it's a stretch to say he's badmouthing her.

    I do agree, though, that the whole sequence makes Jones look stupid. If you're a fighter and someone says you're going to lose the next fight, there are 2 adult responses: "I am not going to lose" (or some paraphrase of that), and "Why do you think so?" (if you really care to discuss things). "You're fat" or "Lol that's your girl (car, shoes, whatever)" just make you look like an immature dick.

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    World of Pain!
    Posts
    4,524

    Default

    It's not annoying sam. Serious you should have an account. Did you join the FB group?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •