Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Gustafsson Injured, Jones vs. Cormier At UFC 178

Quote Originally Posted by sam12six View Post
    Hallelujah!!

I'll honor Simplejack by using Goin' Down as my ringtone next week!
    welcome aboard!
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by sam12six View Post
    Hallelujah!!

I'll honor Simplejack by using Goin' Down as my ringtone next week!
    Join date of 2009, no shit you have been lurking!
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Join date of 2009, no shit you have been lurking!
    I know, right?!?

I'm sure some people thought I was bullshitting when I said the problem has been there for years.

'UFC 178: Jones vs. Cormier' tickets on sale Wednesday, $803 gets you cageside
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/ufc-178...s-you-cageside
    Tickets for the heavily anticipated grudge match between UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and undefeated contender Daniel Cormier go on sale Wednesday.

“UFC 178: Jones vs. Cormier” takes place Sept. 27 at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. The five-fight main card, which is also expected to feature former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz against Japanese contender Takeya Mizugaki, as well as fast-rising Irish superstar Conor McGregor against perennial contender Dustin Poirier, airs on pay-per-view. Additional preliminary contests are expected to air on FOX Sports 1 and stream on UFC Fight Pass.

Tickets, which are available at Ticketmaster.com, start at $78, plus fees, for the cheap seats and go up to $803 plus fees for a cageside/floor spot.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

803 bucks for attending a 5 hour event where anyway you would probably have a very bad view because the cage will be just in front of you?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    803 bucks for attending a 5 hour event where anyway you would probably have a very bad view because the cage will be just in front of you?
    Not to mention that it's a 45 minute journey to use the toilet or grab a snack to munch on.

I long ago realized that atmosphere is the only reason to see sporting events in person. You get a better view in probably a more comfortable environment and spend far less money just watching it on TV.

Here in Mexico you can watch at the cinema many sporting events.
    The place is crowded so the atmosphere is pretty good, plus you can see the whole action in a giant screen, you can bring all the snacks, food and beverage you want, you can go to the toilet whenever you want, and for all of that you will pay no more than 15 bucks.

Over the last couple of years I've been to the Olympics 100m Final, front row at WWE Raw, front row at ATP Tennis Final and to 20+ football matches to watch Manchester United play. There is NOTHING like being live at a big sporting event.

If I have a choice to watch it at a bar of at home I will always choose to watch it at home for comfort reasons but being at an event live gives you a perspective that you just don't get from watching on TV.

Yes but in all those events you can perfectly see what is going on.

It is not so easy when you have a huge cage in front of you, and there is also a risk that there will be a cameraman just in front of you.
    I have read many complains at Sherdog forums where people said they bought cageside tickets and the view was horrible.

That's true and I have never been to an MMA event live so I have no frame of reference in regard to the view, I wouldn't be a big fan of watching the whole event on the big screen but I'm sure nothing will compare to seeing just how quick and powerful the striking is as well as the noise it makes.

Thread Information