Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The UFC is about to launch the new Super Heavyweight

Default The UFC is about to launch the new Super Heavyweight

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/ufc-...-men-division/
    White said on FOXSports.com’s “The Fighter & The Kid” podcast that the UFC has begun “working on” debuting a 300-pound men division. - See more at: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/ufc-....hQa6R7JN.dpuf
    Not sure how reliable this source is since I didn’t this anywhere else online, but what are your guys thoughts on a SHW division in the UFC?

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

Years ago DW said they didn't have a SHW division because there was a lack of talented fighters who couldn't make the 265 lb limit. I have seen nothing since then to prove that statment wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Years ago DW said they didn't have a SHW division because there was a lack of talented fighters who couldn't make the 265 lb limit. I have seen nothing since then to prove that statment wrong.
    I'd rather watch two tubby lumberjack beast men than 125 pounders. No offense to the lighter weight fighters.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'd rather watch two tubby lumberjack beast men than 125 pounders. No offense to the lighter weight fighters.
    Which doesn't make any sense to me. At least the fly weights have the engines to keep up a good pace for a full 15 minutes. If I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at eachother huffing and puffing after 3 minutes I'd run around the black and then stand in front of a mirror.

I'd like to see them petition for a lower ceiling on HW, say 250. And then 250+ becomes SHW.

Also, this seems like VERY poor timing given the new increase in testing and the TRT ban. How many of the giants from the UFC 100 era or even today don't have a known history with either TRT or steroids?

Which doesn't make any sense to me. At least the fly weights have the engines to keep up a good pace for a full 15 minutes. If I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at eachother huffing and puffing after 3 minutes I'd run around the black and then stand in front of a mirror.
    I know I'm walking a fine line here in terms of respect, but I really do not mean it in that way. I would like to have both divisions, but when I watch MMA I enjoy both the skill, and the knowledge that both men are absolute beasts that could destroy me, and anyone I know in a fight. Yes I am aware that anybody in the 125 pound division could also kick my ass, but that doesn't stand out in anyone's mind when they see those guys. I enjoy believing that some damage is gonna go down. I enjoy thinking that a finish is likely. I still like the lower weights, and what they bring to the table, and while I go into their fights knowing I'm gonna see some amazing athleticism, I do not expect to see a dazzling finish. Ideally I would want both athleticism, and an awesome finish. I love Middleweight, and Welterweight because I think the have the best of both.
    Last edited by The Donosaur; 07-24-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

7. 07-24-2014, 02:57 PM

Put a SHW season of TUF on and let's see how much these guys can eat. And to actually build a division. They might have to reinforce the house though (and the cage).

I'm all for it. As long as there are enough athletic people to compete in that division. I don't want to see 2 guys who're too tired to finish a fight, just throw in the towel or get the hook out at that point. Some sumo fighters crossing over would be interesting. Also lowering the cap on HW would help too as not too many guys are really around the 265 limit. Hell, let's just crown a champ with the Nelson/Hunt fight coming up and go from there.

Otherwise they're going to make the mens 115, 105, 95, 85 ... down to the 5-pound man division. And add more women's divisions all over the place. I'm kind of sick them adding more and more lower weight classes all the time, and more champions and divisions and all that shit. I can keep track of the champions and some contenders, but I sometimes forget what division a fighter is in between 145-125, unless he's a big enough name. Lets make a SHW mens AND womens division and see how that goes.

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Size and athleticism are growing. You can look at the NFL and see it first hand.

SHW is an eventuality. There are 320 lb men running sub 4.8 40's now and they have stamina to go with it.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

10. Default

Id still rather see a 195, or a 220 lb division.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Size and athleticism are growing. You can look at the NFL and see it first hand.

SHW is an eventuality. There are 320 lb men running sub 4.8 40's now and they have stamina to go with it.
    An eventuality a few years down the road. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Thread Information