Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The UFC is about to launch the new Super Heavyweight

Before they add new weight divisions, they need to reign in the ridiculous weight-cutting process by starting to monitor fighters' weights a month out from fights so they can limit how much weight fighters cut so that we actually get fighters of equal size fighting each other (the original idea behind weight classes) and quit giving folkstyle wrestlers the size & strength advantage they need to win defensively i.e. "controlling" or "neutralizing" opponents instead of actually fighting them offensively and at least attempting to finish.
    Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

So how long till Shaq fights Tim Sylvia?

I know it would be pure freakshow but I would watch Shaq vs Paul "The Giant" "The Big Show" White. I would just rather the UFC doesn't go completely down the spectacle route, have that fight in Japan.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I know it would be pure freakshow but I would watch Shaq vs Paul "The Giant" "The Big Show" White. I would just rather the UFC doesn't go completely down the spectacle route, have that fight in Japan.
    or Brazil

or any other juice friendly country

DeMoNfUrY Guest

I wonder if this could pave the way for Brock's return?? The guy used to cut to make 265 and with all those dietary issues (diverticulitis) it might be easier for him?? I'm most likely wrong but still I for one would like to see him return, I think he is the kind of guy that would fight better against a guy that is actually bigger than him with all his athleticism. DEMON.

Possible, but age is not on Brock's size, and when a young 'Cain' like 280 pounder comes up, Brock will not even be ranked.

DeMoNfUrY Guest

I hear what your saying but in my opinion Brock is the closest thing you can get to a 280 pound Cain. 99% of guys that big simply don't have that kind of agility and speed. I think at 6 foot 3 and 280 pounds with his kind of athleticism and takedown ability he would give fits to most 300 pound 7 foot monsters...and I'm not so sure they would have the speed required like Cain does to get out of the way of (to use Randy Couture's phrase) lunchbox fists. Just my opinion though. DEMON

DeMoNfUrY Guest

Just to clarify what I'm saying is I think that Brock could be to a 7 footer what Cain was to Brock. DEMON.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMoNfUrY View Post
    Just to clarify what I'm saying is I think that Brock could be to a 7 footer what Cain was to Brock. DEMON.
    you should join, so we can rep you.

but true, for his size, Brock has amazing athleticism, but he's a ground and pounder. His striking is rather limited, and I would pay to see Brock try and head kick someone over 6' 5"

I don't see Brock coming back under any circumstances. Even against plodding giants the reality is he will never be the athlete he once was. He has been through enough unrelated health issues without risking any unnecessary punishment, especially considering he is cashing a huge pay cheque from WWE for doing very little. At this point in time the UFC needs Brock a lot more than Brock needs the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    I would pay to see Brock try and head kick someone over 6' 5"
    Has Brock ever attempted to headkick anyone, regardless of size? I genuinely cannot remember him ever landing a significant strike with a kick.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Thread Information