Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77

Thread: The UFC is about to launch the new Super Heavyweight

  1. #51
    DeMoNfUrY Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    you should join, so we can rep you.

    but true, for his size, Brock has amazing athleticism, but he's a ground and pounder. His striking is rather limited, and I would pay to see Brock try and head kick someone over 6' 5"
    Hahaha i agree with you about the head kick that's for sure. As a former personal trainer though I have to say watching all of Brocks various training vids from over the years are very impressive, he is strong as a bull, is pound for pound incredibly fast and he can train for hours at high intensity before needing to stop. You can't fake that. I don't actually have an email address (strange to some I know) so I can't register right now but I thought I would take advantage of the fact that I don't need an email address to post here. Thanks for the proposed rep though man. DEMON.

  2. #52
    DeMoNfUrY Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I don't see Brock coming back under any circumstances. Even against plodding giants the reality is he will never be the athlete he once was. He has been through enough unrelated health issues without risking any unnecessary punishment, especially considering he is cashing a huge pay cheque from WWE for doing very little. At this point in time the UFC needs Brock a lot more than Brock needs the UFC.



    Has Brock ever attempted to headkick anyone, regardless of size? I genuinely cannot remember him ever landing a significant strike with a kick.
    Surely the fact that the UFC needs him more than the other way around works in his favour? Also while I am not at all saying that I think he is gonna come back it has been said by Dana and Brock that he always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder about his UFC run as he felt he was never operating at 100% and could have done better. We will most likely never know but it's sure interesting to talk about. DEMON.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Ok first off... You don't have an email address? Wow that's crazy. I don't think I know anyone that doesn't have email so that is genuinely impressive.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeMoNfUrY View Post
    Surely the fact that the UFC needs him more than the other way around works in his favour? Also while I am not at all saying that I think he is gonna come back it has been said by Dana and Brock that he always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder about his UFC run as he felt he was never operating at 100% and could have done better. We will most likely never know but it's sure interesting to talk about. DEMON.
    Brock might be upset about his UFC run and not being a 100% but if he was at 80% when he started he's probably at about 50% now. I don't think he can out-do his first run and the opposition has gotten a lot better. He got caught in his first fight, lost to the current dominant HW chapion and got beat by a known juicer after taking a kick right to his most vulnerable area (ok, maybe second most vulnerable). There is not a great deal of room for improvement. He should be proud of his UFC run, he achieved more than anyone ever expected.

    Of course as you say they could match him up against lesser skilled giants and he may have success but knowing how competitive Brock is I don't think that would fulfill him as he would know, and fans would make it clear, that he was avoiding the true competition in the UFC.

    Don't get me wrong, if Brock came back I would be watching. Everyone would be watching. I just can't see it ever materialising.

    "With great power comes great responsibility."

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    Has Brock ever attempted to headkick anyone, regardless of size? I genuinely cannot remember him ever landing a significant strike with a kick.
    during a training camp, he tried it once.



    I think he slipped and fell, maybe

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeMoNfUrY View Post
    Hahaha i agree with you about the head kick that's for sure. As a former personal trainer though I have to say watching all of Brocks various training vids from over the years are very impressive, he is strong as a bull, is pound for pound incredibly fast and he can train for hours at high intensity before needing to stop. You can't fake that. I don't actually have an email address (strange to some I know) so I can't register right now but I thought I would take advantage of the fact that I don't need an email address to post here. Thanks for the proposed rep though man. DEMON.
    make an email address, its free: www.hotmail.com sign up and join us my friend.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Come on bro, if you want to entice him to sign up at least link him to Gmail

    "With great power comes great responsibility."

  7. #57
    DeMoNfUrY Guest

    Default

    Thanks for the discussion guys I will work on getting an email. Appreciated. DEMON.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Lesnar wouldn't be successful in MMA even at SHW. All it would take would be for someone like Bigfoot to decide he didn't want to cut weight anymore and that would be the end of Brock's MMA career (again)

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    I could see adding a 240-300 or something like that, but 265+ is just asking for very limited activity(as in not many matchups). I don't really buy the argument that there are bigger and bigger guys coming along as it isn't from anything natural. Just making a weight class for giant roiders and the 5 guys that happen to be giant natural freaks isn't worth it IMO. However, I wouldn't mind expanding the current limit a fair amount (up to 300)so most of the natural giants have a chance of making weight while capping the HW a little lower (240 or 250).

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    during a training camp, he tried it once.



    I think he slipped and fell, maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •