Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rory MacDonald and Tarec Saffiedin in the works for the Fight Night card in Halifax

Default Rory MacDonald and Tarec Saffiedin in the works for the Fight Night card in Halifax

Rory MacDonald and Tarec Saffiedine is in the works for the Fight Night card in Halifax on October 4
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/24...lifax-mma-news

A welterweight contest between Rory MacDonald and Tarec Saffiedine is in the works for the Fight Night card in Halifax on October 4.

Another important contest in the welterweight division will likely be slotted to take place in the fall, as Rory MacDonald and Tarec Saffiedine are expected to meet on the October 4 Fight Night card in Halifax.

UFC Tonight's Ariel Helwani reported that he two notable welterweights are currently in preliminary talks to headline the event.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This fight is so awesome, everyone forgot to get excited.

Alright, now we'll finally get a chance to see what Tarec can do in the UFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

OMG I'm there!!! hope TJ's on the card too.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    This fight is so awesome, everyone forgot to get excited.
    I think it'll actually be a much more exciting fight than some of Rory's recent ones. Tarec has good TDD and his striking is solid enough that the jab fest won't work as well. I think Rory will be forced into a more aggressive game.

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!! I've been waiting months to hear who'll be fighting on the card. Man I hope TJ is ready to fight by then. Any word on when the tickets go on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Saffiedine needed something like this to be back on people's radar after his string of injuries. There's a lot of buzz behind Rory and he is the clear #2 contender. Beating Rory will shoot Saffiedine up the rankings. However, I think Rory beats him with pressing him against the cage, keeping it in a boxing range and mixing it with takedowns.

Confirmed:
    Rory MacDonald vs. Tarec Saffiedine headlines UFC Fight Night 54 in Halifax
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/rory-ma...-54-in-halifax

Is it only me, or does Rory have nothing to gain from this fight? It doesn't make sense to me. Tarec may deserve a higher ranking than his number 10 positioning on UFC's list, but he should fight someone maybe somewhere between Rory and himself before being given a fight with the number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Is it only me, or does Rory have nothing to gain from this fight? It doesn't make sense to me. Tarec may deserve a higher ranking than his number 10 positioning on UFC's list, but he should fight someone maybe somewhere between Rory and himself before being given a fight with the number 2.
    Makes me think of the Condit Woodley fight, wasn't it about the same ranking wise.. And the much lower ranked fighter (Woodley) beat the (at the time) number 2 guy.

Thread Information