Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz signs new 3 fight deal with the UFC

I dont want him fighting anybody but a ranked #5-#10 opponent first honestly. Ease into it slowly and make the most of it with a chance to brush the rust off and get back into the grind and sharpen yourself back to A-game. I'd like to see him "learn to swim again" not just dive in head first and drowned.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 07-25-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I seriously don't get the hype behind Nick. I mean, sure he had a good run outside of the UFC but he's still only 1-2 since returning. But he's worth the "Anderson Silva Money" why? Because he sells seats? Man, if I knew being a total prick all the time could get you that far in life I wouldn't be nearly as pleasant as I am... Muthafucka wut!
    He lost to GSP and Condit (in a very close fight)...so your point doesn't hold much weight...nice try though.

Great to see Nick back.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I seriously don't get the hype behind Nick. I mean, sure he had a good run outside of the UFC but he's still only 1-2 since returning. But he's worth the "Anderson Silva Money" why? Because he sells seats? Man, if I knew being a total prick all the time could get you that far in life I wouldn't be nearly as pleasant as I am... Muthafucka wut!
    ...as dbader pointed out, you have to keep it in context. Nick lost a controversial decision to Condit when Condit was at his peak and was #2 in the world, and to Georges--the undisputed GOAT at WW. Anyone thinking that's a terrible resume needs to look closer.

As far as being an asshole, he is what he is. You never get game with Nick, he's entirely unfiltered. If he thinks it, he says it, and there is a demographic that responds to that, whether they hate it or admire it. sonnen talked himself into undeserved title fights by being an ass, and made millions in the process. The difference with Nick is that he's not actually a liar and a poser.

And that he doesn't abuse PEDs.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I would absolutely love to see Nick Diaz fight the loser of Brown vs Lawler. That would be an absolutely terrific fight.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...as dbader pointed out, you have to keep it in context. Nick lost a controversial decision to Condit when Condit was at his peak and was #2 in the world, and to Georges--the undisputed GOAT at WW. Anyone thinking that's a terrible resume needs to look closer.

As far as being an asshole, he is what he is. You never get game with Nick, he's entirely unfiltered. If he thinks it, he says it, and there is a demographic that responds to that, whether they hate it or admire it. sonnen talked himself into undeserved title fights by being an ass, and made millions in the process. The difference with Nick is that he's not actually a liar and a poser.

And that he doesn't abuse PEDs.

rh
    Depends on your opinion on whether marijuana qualifies as a PED...

I think it's also that he's been around for a hell of a lot longer than people realize. He's been fighting since he was in his teens. I mean he debuted in UFC 44. Forty fucking Four!! He still reminds me of the older days of the UFC and MMA in general and I think that adds to his allure.
    You have to know what you don't know.

In recent news nick Diaz has hired Juice Ortiz to be his public speaking coach after current coach, Eric the Actor, quits for what he describes as "Nick's lack or articulation".

H.

In the event this fight does happen I'm calling it one of 2 ways; AS by brutal and visceral KO or Diaz 'cause AS trips and shattered his hip.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

"...of articulation"
    damn you autocorrect!

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    Depends on your opinion on whether marijuana qualifies as a PED...
    Kizer thought it was, back in the day...had some stupid quote about how he thought Diaz was actually high when he fought Gomi, and that weed numbs the response to pain or some such crap.

I think it has palliative uses--helping relax muscles after a workout, etc. But while I don't smoke, I don't consider it a PED. It's been clarified that it's on the banned list simply because it's federally classified as a Class 1 substance.

I think it's also that he's been around for a hell of a lot longer than people realize. He's been fighting since he was in his teens. I mean he debuted in UFC 44. Forty fucking Four!! He still reminds me of the older days of the UFC and MMA in general and I think that adds to his allure.
    He literally quit high school to support his family working as an instructor, and fighting was an avenue to bring in more money. People think the gangster persona of the Diaz's is an act...it's anything but. Stockton can be a very hard town.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

This would be the one time (besides Vitor) that I would root for Anderson Silva. I loathe everything about the Diaz brothers, everything, even weird stuff like their poor attempts at facial hair. Why would I even care about that? That's a weird thing to care about, but I do for some reason. My natural reaction when they do the whole arms up, "you can't hurt me" taunt, is to throw stuff at the tv. That doesn't make sense either. They don't live in the tv or anything. Just the way they run their mouths like, "Oh, that didn't hurt, bitch", always propels me into a rant about how they also aren't hurting the other guy. My hatred of them is so strong.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

This really doesn't excite me. Is there something wrong with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information