Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz signs new 3 fight deal with the UFC

I have missed it BK, but who said he will handle contenders? I think, like most 170 pounders, that on any given night Nick could beat 1-10. He also could very well get beat. Either way it will be exciting, IMO. Nick may have an abrasive personality for some, but he no doubt shows up and puts on a good fight, again IMO.

dbader said Diaz would handle Robbie Lawler if they fought again. Which is why i asked the question of when the last time he handled anyone. I wanted to exclude his destruction of the FW bj penn so he wouldnt jump to that right away - as if that should be a huge accomplishment

and i agree with everything you said about nick. he is very exciting to watch, is a personality in the sport (for better or worse) and always comes to fight. But handling the current #1 contender isnt something i have chalked up in Diaz's resume at this current time.

Yeah know way he handles this version of Robbie, IMO.

SIlva vs Diaz, winner gets a shot at whatever title they choose or Rhonda Rousey...

Seriously though does anyone know when Condit is coming back? I wouldnt mind seeing that rematch
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    So it would be 'easy' to handle Lawler...is what you are saying...really?

exciting yes, handled not so sure when you are dropped 2 times in a one round fight.

there was two. Doesnt matter how quick he recovered, or if he taunted him or w.e, he was dropped twice in a one round fight. So then we go back to the Cyborg fight as miz pointed out again - a fight that took place back in january of 2011. 3 years ago, possibly 4 if he doesnt fight this year... I still dont see how handling someone 4 years ago - somehow means you will 'handle' top contenders now.
    GSP is a top 3 p4p fighter of all time in case you were unaware, so yes I think one who loses a decision to GSP can handle Robbie Lawler...especially when they've already done it. And as for Condit, he's one of the best WW's and would probably take Lawler. Lawler also has a style that matches up better with Diaz than Condit...styles make fights>>>MMAmath.

If you think Daley had two legit knockdowns then I don't know what to say other than you need to watch the fight again. The first time Nick went down was definitely not a knockdown. If Daley comes in swinging heavy right away why not drop to guard when Daley sucks on the ground? Definitely not a knockdown.

Blah blah blah blah. Diaz handled Daley and I don't really care if you think one brief knockdown (2 if you really are that dumb) discounts that. It would be a competitive fight (Diaz vs Robbie) but I think Diaz's pace would hold longer and he would tko Robbie midway through the fight. Diaz not fighting alot doesn't somehow mean he is going to have lost alot of his skills or something lol he stays in shape better than anybody when he's not fighting. I completely understand if somebody thinks Robbie would win the rematch but to act like Nick can't win impressively or finish Robbie in a 5 round fight...I think your pretty far off.

And since win does "handling" mean to win easily without facing any adversity? Simply finishing somebody impressively without too much adversity classifies as "handling" to me. It's not like I wouldn't expect him to get hit hard at some point, Diaz usually takes strikes quite well, though. It's Nick Diaz. He gets hit hard in basically every fight he has. And why do you use years instead of fights...of course a guy can't be handling people when he's hardly fighting.
    Last edited by dbader08; 07-26-2014 at 02:16 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

"Handling" is a pretty subjective term. I think Diaz handled Penn, Penn handled Hughes, Hughes handled GSP, GSP handled Diaz, and Diaz handled Lawler, so he quite possibly could handle Lawler again. What was I talking about,

Edit: to be perfectly honest I don't even know if I spelled handled correctly, but I am clearly handling my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    "Handling" is a pretty subjective term. I think Diaz handled Penn, Penn handled Hughes, Hughes handled GSP, GSP handled Diaz, and Diaz handled Lawler, so he quite possibly could handle Lawler again. What was I talking about,

Edit: to be perfectly honest I don't even know if I spelled handled correctly, but I am clearly handling my phone.

Ok the first 2 are right but Hughes handled GSP?? really don't think so.. and idk im a big Robbie fan so I cant be credited as objective but Robbie is looking quite different from his earlier self and idk if Diaz would "handle" him... I think he COULD beat him but id prob take Robbie in most of the exchanges

Yeah, I was just messing around. Gsp beat Hughes twice and Hughes beat him once.

Edit: I was trying to demonstrate the subjectivity of handling and the he handled him so he would handle him. Big gsp fan I am.

Lawler was a completely different fighter when he fought Diaz the first time. He used to just come forward to exchange shots. Robbie is so much slicker with his movement and skillset (all around striking and mixing some takedowns). Diaz's style isn't so different; he has obviously improved as he has been doing this for a while but his style is the exact same. Robbie would likely beat Diaz at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Lawler was a completely different fighter when he fought Diaz the first time. He used to just come forward to exchange shots. Robbie is so much slicker with his movement and skillset (all around striking and mixing some takedowns). Diaz's style isn't so different; he has obviously improved as he has been doing this for a while but his style is the exact same. Robbie would likely beat Diaz at this point.
    I dont know about Lawler beating Diaz as a sure thing, but I agree, the first time around Robbie was a brawler and Nick caught him clean on the chin. But with Diaz's conditioning nowadays, not saying Robbie doesn't have cardio, but beating Nick isn't easy.

On the feet, 50/50% chance either guy, on the ground, unless Diaz is hurt, Nick smashes or submits Robbie, and I am a bigger fan of Lawler.

Thread Information