Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown: ‘(Robbie Lawler) Better Knock Me Out'

1. Default

Pashak, I dont see a potential champion when I look at Matt Brown, I see a fighter who can hold his own with pretty much anyone on the roster. Could Matt defeat Hendricks? Yeah, I think on a good Matt night, that could totally happen. Do I think he would ever hold a belt for more then a defense or two? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    We'll see, Lawler is about 15 spots higher than anyone Brown's ever beaten.
    Not to mention he won't get overwhelmed in the striking department like many of Brown's recent opponents have.

If Lawler took some of Hendricks best shots and smiled, I doubt Matt is gonna ko him lol. Either way I think Lawler finishes him in the first or second round.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Im more concerned where a shot lands then how hard it is most of the time. Id say Hendricks isnt the most accurate striker, especially as the fights go later. Not saying they dont hurt, but a punch to the forehead from hendricks at full force isnt going to be as effective as a shot that lands behind the ear(ala brock on randy) from brown.

EDIT: The only prediction Im going to make for this fight is that the after-party will be at the hospital.

I agree but Hendricks did touch up Lawlers chin a few times. Matt is all heart but I think he will need to bring more to the fight than what he brought to the Silva fight. Silva failed to capitalize on the couple times he had Brown hurt from those body shots.

Silva is talented as all hell, but Ive never really felt that killer instinct from him. Lawler wont make the same mistake, thats for sure.
    Man you should rewatch silvas first couple of ufc fights.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    Regardless of the result, I can't wait for this fight.
    same! stoked, cant believe its all free and on FOX honestly. It's a pretty stacked card in my opinion. Several fights I am excited for
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Silva is talented as all hell, but Ive never really felt that killer instinct from him. Lawler wont make the same mistake, thats for sure.
    He's got a distinct forward-moving style that requires space to throw his kicks and punches. Brown took that away.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Silva is talented as all hell, but Ive never really felt that killer instinct from him. Lawler wont make the s. ame mistake, thats for sure.
    I don't think he lacks the killer instinct at all. I just think he was overwhelmed and probably the pressure of a main event didn't help either

Thread Information