Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown: ‘(Robbie Lawler) Better Knock Me Out'

The other thing I like about this fight is as a barometer for Lawler's willingness to gameplan. Not a strong point of his career and I'm hoping that's slowly changing at ATT. Looking to see if he throws more body shots, which Brown has been caught repeatedly by in recent fights.

I hope it ends with 5 seconds left on the clock, I dont even care who wins as long as its worth watching

3. Default

Perhaps I should clarify my statement a bit,

I dont think Erick is missing finishing power, but I dont see the swarm/move in for the kill aspect of his game being great. Guys like Cerrone, Liddell, and Wanderlei are perfect examples. They smell blood, and they ramp up to get the kill. Maybe my memory is bad, but I dont remember seeing that from Silva.

What a damn good fight.

I thought Brown could pour it on and finish Lawler if he rocked him good...he rocked him in the 1st round but not quite good enough to where he could leave his guard down and go balls out for the finish. I figured it would be much more competitive than people thought...sucks brown couldn't get the win to keep the story going but he still fought good enough to get Condit or somebody like that and plus we got Johnny/Lawler rematch after the first fight was a great one...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Yea, Brown didn't earn a title shot but he earned another big name fight. He's not completely out of the title picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Yea, Brown didn't earn a title shot but he earned another big name fight. He's not completely out of the title picture.
    Agreed. He definitely showed enough to get another big name. I could see this loss as being a big benefit for Brown. He now has 5 round main event exposure and should be more comfortable in his next big fight. I would like to see him against Woodely or Lombard next.

Matt Brown Transported to Hospital Following Loss to Robbie Lawler at UFC on Fox 12
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mat...n-Fox-12-71163
    Matt Brown went all in against Robbie Lawler at UFC on Fox 12 on Saturday, so much so that he wound up being transported to the hospital following the main event.

During the post-fight press conference in San Jose, Calif., UFC President Dana White announced that Brown had left directly from the arena to receive medical attention. “The Immortal” appeared to have suffered an injury to his right hand during his five-round battle with Lawler.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

And if you want beef then bring the ruckus, the immortal matt brown ain't nuttin to fuck with.

I hate to be that person, but whats up with the NWO love all of a sudden?
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if woodchucks could chuck wood?

Brown's chin is absolutely ridiculous. He was charging onto counter hooks and ducking into uppercuts in that first round and didn't get dropped. Unbelievable.

Thread Information