Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FOX 12 Weigh In Results: Brown misses weight

Well in all fairness it's only his 31st fight, how can he be expected to fully understand weight regulations. Plus he's been training really, really hard.

This is really too bad. A clearly fan-friendly card with many true professionals on it and then one of the main-event ears bobos it up.

Positive- it's a card with Anthony Johnson where someone other than him misses weight.

On a side note, anyone have a stat on how often the over fighter wins/loses? That would interest me in knowing.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

holy cow.. will lil nog actually make it to a fight? This card looks pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    This is really too bad. A clearly fan-friendly card with many true professionals on it and then one of the main-event ears bobos it up.

Positive- it's a card with Anthony Johnson where someone other than him misses weight.

On a side note, anyone have a stat on how often the over fighter wins/loses? That would interest me in knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    holy cow.. will lil nog actually make it to a fight? This card looks pretty awesome.
    •Robbie Lawler (171) vs. Matt Brown (172.5)*
    •Anthony Johnson (204.5) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205.5)
    •Clay Guida (145) vs. Dennis Bermudez (146)
    •Josh Thomson (155) vs. Bobby Green (155.5)
    •Jorge Masvidal (155.5) vs. Daron Cruickshank (155.5)
    •Kyle Kingsbury (204.5) vs. Patrick Cummins (206)

All of the above interest me greatly! This card is stacked in my opinion and I'm happy as shit its free on TV, kinda shocked actually.

WAR Masvidal Guida and Rumble! the rest I just want to see a damn good fight, let the best man win.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

This doesn't make much sense to me. I read on espn.com that Brown was given two hours to cut to 171 lbs but elected to forgo the effort, but he is still eligible to be a #1 contender with a win, as well as UFC Fight Night bonus money? Umm, how is this fair when the same didn't hold true for guys like Lineker who missed weight and didn't get the #1 contender spot or Anthony Johnson when he wasn't eligible for the KO bonus when he KO'ed Yoshida. Is it because they have missed weight more than once? I remember Dana saying that guys who miss weight aren't eligible for fight night bonuses. Too bad there isn't a hard rule for this.

Also, how is it that Dana White was able to influence the commission's stance as well to not fine Brown?

Your first big main event after campaigning for a title shot for 12+ months and you miss weight?! How is that even possible? That is amateurish at best.

He should have made weight in the 2 hours or been fined and excluded from any potential bonises. That Brown did neither after the UFC interjected is shady as hell and does little to restore my faith in the athletic commissions after what went down with Vitor and Sonnen just a few days ago. The UFC should have no influence on the ACs whatsoever.

Probably he is sick or injured and for days he has been talking with Dana about how much trouble he has had cutting weigh because of that illness/injury.

So maybe Dana just decided to have pity on him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

That shouldn't have any bearing on the athletic commissions decision, they are supposed to be an independent body. If the UFC choose to reimburse Brown for the fine that is their choice but the AC should still fine him regardless.

well according to Dana the CASC didn't give him the time to cut the extra weight so he is blaming the Athletic Commsion not Brown because he was willing to cut the weight (because he never missed weight before EVER) but the AC didn't give him the time to cut it... it is really hinky but im not sure what to make of it...

im sure if Brown gave up Dana woulda been pissed and not let him really fight for the #1 contender but since he said the weight issue has nothing to do with it I think it has to do with the AC

Dana is full of shit on this one. Fox Sports report that the commission have said Dana's version of events is simply wrong and untrue;

"Andy Foster an executive officer with the commission (CSAC), has said that Matt Brown, actually made the decision to not cut the final pound and a half and to accept the fine". Obviously we now know the UFC managed to get that fine waived.

So let's get this straight:

Brown missed weight (Brown's fault).

The commission doctor RECOMMENDED that he stop cutting which Brown chose to hear or misunderstood as saying that he wasn't allowed to cut (Brown's fault).

According to the commission Brown CHOSE to not lose the extra weight and forgo 20% of his purse (Brown's fault).

Dana can spin it anyway he wants and point the finger in the opposite direction but there is only one person responsible for this situation and he should be punished accordingly. I still don't understand how he is getting away with not being fined at the very least.

Thread Information