Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FOX 12 Weigh In Results: Brown misses weight

Yeah, unless it comes out after the fight that Brown was injured going in and toughed it out for a "save the card" type dealy here, I'm calling shenanigans on this "misunderstanding the commission". As silly and incompetent as ACs are, fact is Brown STILL missed weight during the initial weigh-ins and thus needed that second weigh in to begin with. Which to me, make this "misunderstanding" less sympathetic when they then say he "wasn't given the opportunity to make another cut"....maybe he should've tried harder first time out, seeings as how this is the biggest fight of his career. Also, what about Julianna Lima here, as one would assume there would be some level of "standardization" in this miscommunication, as it appears she too elected not to attempt to cut the last weight after discussions with doctors....Betcha she'll still have to cough up 20%, no?

Hinky dealings here unless it comes out that there's more to his health and that making weight was an issue and he's doing the company a solid, in which case I can see this being a "special circumstance" but still, should have no bearing on the AC's fine. It's not like DaMarques Johnson didn't lose 20% of his purse for coming in on a short-notice fight crazy heavy for the Gunnar Nelson fight, where he was walking into an asswhopping and basically, being a body for Gunnar.

I just hate the line of "he had every intent of making the weight" ZUFFA moralizing defence here, as if every other guy whose every blown weight somehow meant to?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Yeah, unless it comes out after the fight that Brown was injured going in and toughed it out for a "save the card" type dealy here, I'm calling shenanigans on this "misunderstanding the commission". As silly and incompetent as ACs are, fact is Brown STILL missed weight during the initial weigh-ins and thus needed that second weigh in to begin with. Which to me, make this "misunderstanding" less sympathetic when they then say he "wasn't given the opportunity to make another cut"....maybe he should've tried harder first time out, seeings as how this is the biggest fight of his career. Also, what about Julianna Lima here, as one would assume there would be some level of "standardization" in this miscommunication, as it appears she too elected not to attempt to cut the last weight after discussions with doctors....Betcha she'll still have to cough up 20%, no?

Hinky dealings here unless it comes out that there's more to his health and that making weight was an issue and he's doing the company a solid, in which case I can see this being a "special circumstance" but still, should have no bearing on the AC's fine. It's not like DaMarques Johnson didn't lose 20% of his purse for coming in on a short-notice fight crazy heavy for the Gunnar Nelson fight, where he was walking into an asswhopping and basically, being a body for Gunnar.

I just hate the line of "he had every intent of making the weight" ZUFFA moralizing defence here, as if every other guy whose every blown weight somehow meant to?
    Has something like this ever happened before?
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Courtesy of www.mmaweekly.com

Robbie Lawler (171) vs. Matt Brown (172.5)*

Anthony Johnson (204.5) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205.5)

Clay Guida (145) vs. Dennis Bermudez (146)

Josh Thomson (155) vs. Bobby Green (155.5)

Last edited by Sick_Lunatic; 07-26-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Jorge Masvidal (155.5) vs. Daron Cruickshank (155.5

Kyle Kingsbury (204.5) vs. Patrick Cummins (206)

Hernani Perpetuo (171) vs. Tim Means (170.5)

Michael De La Torre (146) vs. Brian Ortega (145.5)

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Akbarh Arreola (155.5) vs. Tiago dos Santos (155)

Andreas Stahl (171) vs. Gilbert Burns (170)

Juliana Lima (117)* vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk (115)

Steven Siler (146) vs. Noad Lahat (145)

Wow those women are way too skinny and Lima didn't even get down to 115.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    they look starved. maybe its just the weight class, but they just look sickly to me

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I thought the same thing. We need higher weight divisions for women not lower. So they can have some tits at least, fawk.

And how bout the Guida pic, looks like he's taking a shit while on the scale.

Agreed, Lima looks half dead.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Third time in a row that Kingsbury is fighting a largely unknown but dangerous opponent. Did the guy shit in Joe Silva's coffee?

Thread Information