Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TNA's 'Impact Wrestling' Will Reportedly Not Be Renewed by Spike TV

"Listen, we know that various workers in the past from on screen talent to production staff have said that Russo was a cancerous shitbag who can't book a restaurant reservation without multiple run-ins. And we know that the IWC has been trashing him ever since they found out he's been the mastermind behind arguably many of THE WORST angles in professional wrestling history. And we know that there have been multiple occasions where the fans both at live events and at TV tapings chanted, 'FIRE RUSSO' because they know that he's the mastermind behind arguably many of THE WORST angles in professional wrestling history. And we know he was also put in a position where he was the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. And we kept his return to the company a secret from you guys because you told us that if he worked with us in any capacity that you'd cut us off. But we reeeeeally want you to renew our contract."

And you can't forget David Arquette's phenomenal run with the Big Gold Belt.

I read this story this morning, slept 10 hours and then completely forgot about it before seeing this thread now. On one hand it completely sucks for the wrestlers and employees as a lot of them are likely to be out of a job or completely devoid of negotiating power. When WWE is passing on guys like Ricochet because they feel they are overrun with talent in developmental then there are unlikely to be many TNA stars than Vince would make much effort to sign, especially when the WWE is desperate to cut costs with the loses they are incurring from the Network.

On the other hand I doubt many people are surprised to hear this news. To some it is completely amazing that TNA has lasted this long despite being grossly mismanaged. I used to love watching TNA around 2004/05/06 and it felt like a genuinely alternative product. But since then it has really gone down the shitter with ridiculous storylines and them undermining anything of value in the company. I have been watching wrestling for almost 25 years and I can't watch their show. They have made some big signings over the years and within weeks those stars have quickly become just another TNA guy. Even if they got Cena at this point I don't think it would make a difference because their product comes off as being so second rate that it would quickly dissolve his star power.

If TNA sign another deal with a different station then they need to recognise that as the stave of execution that it is and make drastic changes to the way they do business if they are to survive any longer than the short-term. To make things even worse you know Jarrett is going to be determined to take TNA's spot when he debuts GFW and TNA was never better than when him and Jerry had a stronger influence.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    If TNA sign another deal with a different station then they need to recognise that as the stave of execution that it is and make drastic changes to the way they do business if they are to survive any longer than the short-term. To make things even worse you know Jarrett is going to be determined to take TNA's spot when he debuts GFW and TNA was never better than when him and Jerry had a stronger influence.
    Well, TNA didn't really need to worry about Jarrett's new company swooping in and taking the SPIKE TV deal, since part of Jarrett's exit from TNA included a no-compete clause to the effect that Jarrett's new company couldn't poach the SPIKE timeslot.

Now the trouble becomes, since SPIKE doesn't want TNA, they're in the same market with GFW and Jarrett (who are hunting for a CMT deal) and if they're going to survive on some obscure network, they're now fighting in the same buyers market as their former owner's new promotion.....

Word is that Lagana(who is also a turd) is looking for work with ROH(after leaving them high and dry a few years ago when TNA called) and basically, the rats are starting to jump ship.

I watched tna back in the day myself. Even went to a show at a shriners building. What's up with Chris saban, Samoa Joe, and Christopher Daniels?

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Dixie you arrogant knob good riddance. Make sur the door whacks that 2 ton ass of yours on the way out.
    H.

Sidebar: somewhere in the state of Pennsylviana this call is happening now.
    "yes, i'll hold. uh huh. Angle..A...N...G...L...E...yes, i know, but Mr McMahon will want to take my call..its true.. Tell him i still have my gold medal..its damn true"
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    I watched tna back in the day myself. Even went to a show at a shriners building. What's up with Chris saban, Samoa Joe, and Christopher Daniels?
    Joe's still there but they've ruined his once awesome aura. Daniels didn't get renewed and is killing it on the indies and ROH with Kazarian.

Chris Saban is a funny story, he blew his knee out over two years ago, was on the shelf, got injured AGAIN and made this huge comeback, beat Bully Ray for their world title last summer.....and then dropped the belt back, was put back in the mid card X-division with horrible angles and left earlier this year because they weren't doing anything with him. But hey, his TNA action figure came out a few weeks ago....what a bunch of fucking failures.

I feel like I should watch some ROH.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    I feel like I should watch some ROH.
    They put on a tremendous in-ring product, but they've stagnated from a production standpoint and are majorly hindered by their owners, Sinclair Broadcasting, who have not appropriately invested in the company to improve it.

For my money, New Japan has the best top to bottom wrestling in the world and ROH is a good North American alternative to WWE but the booking is pretty shoddy at times and comes off as very minor league the way they shoot and produce their shows.

I've been listening to Jim Ross' podcast, he's mentioned on several occasions the issues with ROH as well as TNA... and one of his comments was related to Joe... how he was fed to Kurt Angle and broke his gimmick immediately, instead of pushing TNA, they pushed WWE... not very smart booking...

Thread Information