Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For UFC comeback, Dan Hardy would like to send Diego Sanchez into retirement

Default For UFC comeback, Dan Hardy would like to send Diego Sanchez into retirement

For UFC comeback, Dan Hardy would like to send Diego Sanchez into retirement
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/dan-har...ufc-comeback-1
    Meanwhile, Hardy (25-10 MMA, 6-4 UFC), whose last fight was a decision over Amir Sadollah in September 2012, has thought about whom he’d like to fight if a comeback does materialize, and he recently came up with one idea.

“Diego Sanchez, because after Ross Pearson got robbed, that was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen,” he said.

The selection doesn’t come without personal history for “The Outlaw,” who was a longtime training partner of Pearson’s at Team Rough House in Nottingham. A fight against Sanchez wouldn’t just be good for his career, but a little bit of payback, as well.

“Ross Pearson won that fight clearly, and Diego accepted the win like he does…he’s as crazy as he is,” Hardy said. “I’m a huge Diego fan, but for me, he is what’s wrong with mixed martial arts right now. He is the 20th century bullheaded martial artist that walks forward and fights with their face, and now we’ve got guys like … Conor McGregor, we’ve got Gunnar Nelson; they’ve all got this very Machida-esque style where they’re very mobile; they can switch stances, and they can hit with power from anywhere.

“I think Diego represents the old school, where you just walk forward in a boxing stance and see who falls over first.”

Following his win over Pearson, which came at this past month’s UFC Fight Night 42, Sanchez called for a rematch with Nick Diaz, whom he beat via decision in a 2005 headliner. Diaz recently resigned with the UFC, and plans to return to the octagon in 2015. He welcomed a fight with former middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Hardy said he has “reason to believe there might be interest” from the UFC in pairing him with Sanchez, but didn’t go into further detail.

His biggest opponent remains the sport’s regulators as he attempts to prove he’s fit to fight. But Sanchez might be next.

“I’d like to get in there and maybe push him toward retirement,” he said. “Get my comeback fight, give him his last fight, and see where we’re at.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm all for it.
    Some of the most entertaining MMA fights I've ever seen have come from Diego, but I would love it if Hardy sent his ass off into the sunset.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I'm all for this as well! Dan Hardy vs Diego Sanchez would be a sick fight.. and Pearson really did get robbed. I enjoy "The Nightmare" and all the great fights he's put on a show for the fans but that was a robbery if I ever saw one.

Hope this materializes and happens!

I am down for Hardy vs Diego. Kinda skipped over some of the article, but doesn't dan have something wrong with his heart?

5. Default

Has Hardy been cleared?

I want this to end in a double KO. Wishful thinking but I hate Hardy and love Diego and would like nothing more for them both to beat each other into a pulp and Diego go out in a blaze of Double KO glory.

I hate to say it but I imagine Diego winning another bullshit split decision. I don't know how he's able to fight with that horseshoe up his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I hate to say it but I imagine Diego winning another bullshit split decision. I don't know how he's able to fight with that horseshoe up his ass.
    I hate seeing Diego fight at this point he makes absolutely no attempt to the win the fight just swings wild punches and misses almost all of them while getting picked apart. Yet no matter how badly he gets beat the judges will always give him the decision. Basically Diego is unbeatable unless the fight goes to the ground and stays there like the Jury fight. This is not because Diego is a great stand up fighter but he has a good chin and the judges will always give him the decision

Diego Sanchez giving 'serious thought' to featherweight cut for Conor McGregor fight
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/29/59...egor-fight-mma
    Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight attraction Conor McGregor said some pretty horrible things about Diego Sanchez, calling the original Ultimate Fighter a "brain-dead, stuttering fool" who "belongs in Bellator with the rest of the has-beens."

And Sanchez has not forgotten about it.

"The Nightmare" was a recent guest on Submission Radio and told the boys from "Down Under" that he's giving "serious thought" to a featherweight drop, if it means getting a fight against the "Notorious" trash talker, to the point where he's even considering a test cut.

His words:

"I would love to fight this guy and he said he'd like to fight me too, so I definitely think it's possible. I think he's a great mixed (martial artist). I think he's really talented, I think he's really tough, I just don't agree with people going out there and thinking that, this guy thinks he's like the Anderson Silva, he claims that he's the 'GOAT,' and I'm just like 'C'mon man, you ain't done enough to claim that.' You know, I'm all for believing in yourself, but he's taking it to the next level, and if he gets past Dustin Poirier then he's definitely on that level, but you know he has that next tough fight. But if we get a fight, then we get fight. I've even possibly thought about going down to 145 just to fight him. Like as a matter of a fact, yesterday I was in my gym working out, and I was like 'can I do it? Can I make 145?' I was like 'I don't know, I might have to try. I might have to do it.' Then I was like, but would it be worth it for one fight, to go down to 145? Would it really be worth it? I was like 'I'm gonna have to do like a 10-day fast, I'm gonna have to really sacrifice to get down to 145. I'm gonna have to lose some muscle.' And I was really giving it some serious thought, I'm like 'but what if I'm stronger, what if I'm stringy. I'm gonna be long and stringy at that weight.' I was seriously giving it some consideration, and it's not out of the question. It's definitely not out of the question."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Diego Sanchez giving 'serious thought' to featherweight cut for Conor McGregor fight
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/29/59...egor-fight-mma
    Why the flying fuck does Diego think he will get that fight? He's saying if he beats Porier he'd be next? Diego is talking about Conor being delusional yet he thinks he is going to be able to go to featherweight and immediately get top 5 status. What a fucking idiot.

Thread Information