Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Rockhold: 'Vitor Belfort won't make it to title fight'

Default Luke Rockhold: 'Vitor Belfort won't make it to title fight'

UFC middleweight Luke Rockhold has only lost once since 2008, to Vitor Belfort in Brazil back in 2013, and the American Kickboxing Academy fighter is still bitter about it. After all, Rockhold not only lost via violent KO, he lost to Belfort while the former champ was using drugs he would likely not have been allowed to use were he and the UFC not avoiding real commission regulation by keeping his bouts in places like Brazil and Toronto while his Nevada license lapsed.
    Since that time, Rockhold has put together two straight wins and is hoping for a title shot in the near future. In fact, Rockhold told reporters this weekend that he's on stand-by to fill in for Belfort should the banned PED-user not make it to his scheduled title bout against Chris Weidmain in December.
    "I just don't think Vitor is going to make it to the fight so, I'm going to be ready," Rockhold said.
    "I mean, if [Belfort is] clean and healthy, he'll probably get injured. His body is going to fall apart. It's too frail, you know what I mean? He's been doing this [expletive] for too long. And, if he realizes he can't compete off of it, he's probably going to try and slip something in and then he's going to get popped with a test. I just think some way or another, he's somehow going to fall out. So, I'm just going to be ready."
    Clearly, Rockhold is still bitter and taking digs at Belfort, however the scenarios he offers do not seem entirely unlikely. After all, Belfort has already failed a drug test this year and, after inexplicably licensing him to fight again with no penalty for the past failed drug test (his second failed one in Nevada) the Nevada Athletic Commission promised to test Belfort lots, and randomly, from here on out.
    If Belfort's testosterone is low at this point in his long career and relatively advanced age, as he claims, and he gives up banned testosterone and other drugs, his body may very well not be able to handle the grueling training he has to go through in order to challenge Weidman. Injuries are common in training camps and the 37 year-old is surely extra susceptible to them in this, the 18th year of his professional career, and while he is supposedly coming off of drugs he's relied on for years to increase his testosterone.
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...144711750.html

anyone see vitor sitting cage side next to Benavidez? Hes looking a lot different these days...maybe it was the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    anyone see vitor sitting cage side next to Benavidez? Hes looking a lot different these days...maybe it was the lighting.

I missed that.

He looked the same at his NSAC hearing last week... I thought. But then again, the crying might have thrown me off.

Anyone catch Vitor's recent Hulk impression:

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I missed that.

He looked the same at his NSAC hearing last week... I thought. But then again, the crying might have thrown me off.
    I will try and screen shot a picture of him at the fights i downloaded them last night when i got home. And hold on a second, vitor was crying? Really?

EDIT:

Damn, 4 days ago? Maybe it was just the lighting / camera. I thought he looked a lot smaller and more like he did against AS on saturday when i saw him on tv cage side - not like that.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 07-28-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I will try and screen shot a picture of him at the fights i downloaded them last night when i got home. And hold on a second, vitor was crying? Really?
    Crying and talking Jesus.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Crying and talking Jesus.
    i get the Jesus thing since it has been part of his gimmick since becoming this 'new man' ...but crying, i have to say im rather surprised by that one. Whats he crying about if he had nothing to hide in the first place?

He was crying because he is guilty as sin and was worried that the AC might actually make a sensible decision. He needn't have worried about that.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I missed that.

Anyone catch Vitor's recent Hulk impression:

The difference is pretty noticeable. I still won't sleep on Vitor tho. Its not like he's Dan Henderson who on top of slowing down has become a one trick pony.

I hate him more and more each day.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information