Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC SVP: Rousey will be face of UFC's 1st apparel deal

Default UFC SVP: Rousey will be face of UFC's 1st apparel deal

UFC SVP: Rousey will be face of UFC's 1st apparel deal
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-apparel-deal/
    This year it has been rumored that the UFC has been negotiating an apparel deal with a premium brand (Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, etc). Now in a new interview with Adweek, the UFC's SVP of of Global Marketing partnerships revealed that the UFC is indeed negotiating a deal and that UFC women's champion Ronda Rousey will play a huge role in that deal:

The UFC is “actively engaged in conversations” with a “premium apparel line” for an exclusive deal to outfit the league’s 400-plus fighters, said Mossholder, who would not reveal the outfitter. Since Rousey’s the “No. 1 most requested athlete” by UFC sponsors like MetroPCS, it’s “highly likely” she’d be highlighted. Reps from Nike, Under Armour and Adidas either declined to comment or could not be reached

A deal could be lucrative for both the UFC and the athletes who would get their cut. Nike’s paying the NFL an estimated $1.1 billion over five years to put the Swoosh on uniforms. Historically, the UFC has allowed athletes to cut their own deals for the brands they wear inside the Octagon.

Rousey already ranks No. 3 in ticket sales for UFC. When the official energy drink of UFC put her image on cans, sales jumped 12 percent, said Xyience president John Lennon. She now wears the brand’s logo inside the Octagon.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

i pray its Under Armour. My entire wardrobe is UA as it is already, id be down if i can get some UFC UA gear ontop of what i already have

If it means the fighters getting paid more, particularly at the bottom end of the spectrum, then I'm all for it. They need to be careful though to ensure fighters still have an individual identity as making them all dress the same would make them look cookie cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    If it means the fighters getting paid more, particularly at the bottom end of the spectrum, then I'm all for it. They need to be careful though to ensure fighters still have an individual identity as making them all dress the same would make them look cookie cutter.
    Not just that but if they have mandatory uniforms, that screws Fighter's sponsorship and other means of income unless they allow the uniforms to be altered. They wont be able to wear Hayabusa, Venum, Cagefighter, Warrior, Affliction etc etc etc so they will lose sponsor pay if the UFC takes away their ability to wear their own sponsored gear and forces them to wear the uniforms that the UFC is making money from by endorsing this deal with whoever.

I'm not sure I like this at all...but I am thinking it's just going to provide the fighters with Shorts and what not and they still are able to put their sponsors on them, I'm alright with that.

Can't wait to see a
    Nike swoosh on the back of Dennis Hallman's ball shorts.

UFC faded jeans

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    UFC faded jeans
    and boots

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    UFC UA gear
    Oh man, that would be like Tap Out kids on steroids... Under Armour Celebrates 5 Years Of Dominating Roided-Out-High-School-Asshole Market

Gotta love the Onion
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i pray its Under Armour. My entire wardrobe is UA as it is already, id be down if i can get some UFC UA gear ontop of what i already have
    You're not one of those guys that wears the compression gear out in public are you????

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Our esteemed forum reportershave managed to secure a photo of Boneknows just before heading into the club.
    Only on MMANEWS is this considered appropriate clubware for the civilized world!

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Thread Information