Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Silva vs Diaz Jan 31st

Meh, whatever. One of them will dance and the other one will taunt and say things like "mutherfucka wut." Silva destroys Nick in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I wonder what the over/under is on how many times Diaz gives Silva the Stockton Hey Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I have conflicting emotions about this fight being made.

On one hand, it's a fight between two big name fighters that will have been inactive for so long that their fans will certainly want to see them back. It's a big main event for them to put on that will hopefully shine some light on the fights that happen under this main event.

On the other hand it's a fight that, unless it's an absolute war, can potentially hurt the stock of the losing fighter. It may not hurt Anderson as much as Diaz, but I still think someone takes a hit. These two could headline two PPV cards against different fighters (Diaz vs. Brown/Rory/a healthy Condit rematch and Anderson vs. Rockhold/Bisping/Kennedy). These options would give them two events with hopefully larger than average buy rates, which would bring in more money. Another con is that it's a middleweight vs. a welterweight.

Nonsensical ramblings aside, I think I still want to see it. But I'm not so sure about it now that the fight is a reality.
    Last edited by CA_Gas Bag; 07-30-2014 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Glossed over the fact it is at middleweight.

A loss to Diaz would certainly hurt Anderson but I dont see a loss hurting Diaz much here. He is moving up weight and fighting a guy that not to long ago was said to be the best fighter in the world. Anderson however is another story. If he losses then people will undoubtedly say he should hang it up and that he has "lost it"

As far as the match up goes I think Nick has more of a chance then most are giving him credit for. Diaz is constantly pressuring opponents and like we saw in the Weidman fight, Silva doesnt really like that to much unless you are Forrest Griffin. Nick has crisp boxing and shouldnt be afraid to exchange.

Dont get me wrong though I both think and for the first time hope Silva takes this one in a pretty impressive fashion and it will immediately lead to Silva vs Weidman 3
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Meh, whatever. One of them will dance and the other one will taunt and say things like "mutherfucka wut." Silva destroys Nick in the 1st.
    Everybody else is stoked for the fight and you come off sounding like you need a tissue.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Silva ain't no hitter. He needs to train that boxing homey. Stockton209muthafuckawut
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

7. Default

Diaz goes to sleep the first time Silva connects cleanly. The real question is do we see a 3rd consecutive temper tantrum retirement from Diaz?

sevicrane Guest

silva by nc diaz test positive for marijuana

Not really interested in this fight. Its just a squash match for Silva imo. The taunting will probably be more competitive than the actual fight.

Fuck yes. What a fun fight. I sure hope it makes it to Jan 31.

I bet both guys are getting paid large for this fight.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information