Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Silva vs Diaz Jan 31st

It would be fucking epic if Diaz submitted Anderson somehow. Better work on that flying scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    It would be fucking epic if Diaz submitted Anderson somehow. Better work on that flying scissors.
    Silva does have a history of losing to welterweights by flying scissor hooks.

5 rounds of headbobbing and middle finger whipping!

Anderson Silva Opens as Betting Favorite Against Nick Diaz at UFC 183

Cesar Gracie: Anderson Silva’s chin is not the same anymore
    "I already knew this fight would happen a long time ago," Cesar Gracie told MMAFighting.com, "and I think it’s a great fight."

Both fighters enter the cage coming off back-to-back losses. Silva was stopped twice by Chris Weidman, while Diaz suffered decision losses to Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit in welterweight title fights. However, Gracie doesn’t think it’s going the distance this time.

"I believe it’s going to be a standup fight the entire time," he said. "Nick is better on the ground, his jiu-jitsu is better, but I believe it’s going to be a standup fight and it won’t last five rounds. I think it will be over before five rounds, someone will get knocked out.

"Nick is hard to knock out, he was knocked out only once in the beginning of his career," Gracie continued. "Anderson is bigger than Nick, but he’s turning 40 now and his chin is not the same anymore. If Nick can get in there and punch him, I think he wins this fight. Nick will turn 31 in August, he’s just a kid. Anderson is fast and dangerous. I don’t know who’s going to win, but I know it’s going to be a good fight."

Diaz will be moving up to 185 pounds division for this bout, and that’s the only thing that concerns his coach. The last time he fought above the 170-pound limit was in 2009, when he finished Frank Shamrock and Scott Smith at 180-pound catchweight bouts at Strikeforce.

"Anderson is used to fighting bigger guys, like Chael Sonnen and those guys," he said, "so I think the weight difference will help Anderson."

Diaz, a former Strikeforce welterweight champion, will return to the Octagon almost two years after his last bout, while Silva enters the cage again 13 months after suffering a leg break in his rematch with Weidman at UFC 168. Diaz retired from MMA after a loss to St-Pierre, but he never stopped training, according to Gracie.

"He was training, but he really retired," he said. "He wanted more money and everything, and he didn’t train like he used to. He was more relaxed, doings things he liked."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Honestly maybe Silva never had a great chin and he was just so elusive that he never got his. The only times I've seen him get hit hard was against Sonnen and Weidman and was floored by both.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Honestly maybe Silva never had a great chin and he was just so elusive that he never got his. The only times I've seen him get hit hard was against Sonnen and Weidman and was floored by both.
    Nick doesn't really have KO power he breaks you down with volume, I'd be shocked if he hurt Anderson with anything.

Diaz vs. Parkinson's Disease Feb 6th

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Watch some of his sparring videos, guy has a chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Watch some of his sparring videos, guy has a chin.
    I agree. Even in some of his fights, it wouldn't look like he was eating big shots because he would just walk right through them. Against Hendo, right before he dropped him, Silva ate a pig punch or two and just walked Dan down like nothing happened and then punished him.

Thread Information