Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC fighter Joe (Diesel) Riggs shoots himself while cleaning pistol at home

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I personally don't understand the idea of patriotism, think it's pretty retarded and causes more harm than good so I would be interested in discussing why it is so important to you and your peers. That is a discussion for another time and a different thread though.
    There is really nothing to discuss. I love the ideals that the USA was founded on. I love and respect the men and women who fought for those ideals and rights. I enjoy my freedoms, and I don't care if somebody doesn't like them for whatever reason. End of story. There isn't a whole lot of explanation to it, and I honestly don't care to defend it because it doesn't need defending or justification.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Man this thread reminds me why i love that im Canadian.

Hard to believe an amendment from 1791 still holds water in the year 2014 - but wtf do i know. At least i dont have to worry about walking down the street on any given day and worry about a gun being pulled on me. The second i step foot in the states I instantly feel less safe than i would walking the streets anywhere in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    There is really nothing to discuss. I love the ideals that the USA was founded on. I love and respect the men and women who fought for those ideals and rights. I enjoy my freedoms, and I don't care if somebody doesn't like them for whatever reason. End of story. There isn't a whole lot of explanation to it, and I honestly don't care to defend it because it doesn't need defending or justification.
    I wouldn't want you to defend or justify anything, I am interested in the viewpoints and motivations of people who think differently from the way I do so I can understand them. Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Borders are for those without balls

imaginary lines as real as the fear in your head

limitations to some, challenges to others.

I didn't see no map in the bible

Merica

Come to America, and voice an unpopular opinion, and then go to let's say North Korea and do the same. Maybe while you're getting ripped apart by dogs "dear leader" will stop it for a second so that you can rehash your touchy, feely "everything is equal, national pride is stupid" speech to me.

Every country has a varying degree of control over their citizens. I love that mine started out with great ideals as far as that is concerned, and that the citizens still have the capability to change the tide if the government goes too far the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I wouldn't want you to defend or justify anything, I am interested in the viewpoints and motivations of people who think differently from the way I do so I can understand them. Ignorance leads to fear, fear leads to hate.
    I've been pretty straight forward with my views. I have said pretty much everything that I feel on the topic, anything else that I would say will just be repeating stuff I have already said.
    Last edited by The Donosaur; 08-01-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

If the story is true then he is an idiot. Who cleans a loaded gun???
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I love america detractors on firearm control. To the person who doesn't understand patriotism I hope one day your country is attacked so you can tell the victims ahh sucks to be you I'm pro the new guys in charge. In many case armed citizens have stopped crimes in progress. If guns are readily available in all black markets then you should definitely fear the fact that you cant defend yourself. I wonder what the laws in your countries are on crossbows and compound bows, personally I'd rather be shot with a bullet than an arrow. The US murder rate is about 5.0 in 100,000 the UK rate is 1.4 in 100,000. The most common method of murder in the UK is with sharp weapons i.e. Knives. Yeah I'll still take a bullet over a stab wound. Canada murder rate 1.6 in 100,000 again stabbing main method. Now what matters here is am I willing to face a murder rate of 5.0 unarmed. At the end of the day this is my home, my family, my life and I would defend with a pair of scissors if i had to. Since I have guns and military training I like my odds. Tragedies happen on a global scale every day and it is a sad thing. And if my gov. decided to outlaw firearms I would still keep them. I will rely on no other man or woman to defend what is mine before first relying on me.

Oh and an after thought Canada has little fear of invasion much like the UK since if anyone threatened them they would call on their gun crazy American friends to defend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus81 View Post
    I love america detractors on firearm control. To the person who doesn't understand patriotism I hope one day your country is attacked so you can tell the victims ahh sucks to be you I'm pro the new guys in charge. In many case armed citizens have stopped crimes in progress. If guns are readily available in all black markets then you should definitely fear the fact that you cant defend yourself. I wonder what the laws in your countries are on crossbows and compound bows, personally I'd rather be shot with a bullet than an arrow. The US murder rate is about 5.0 in 100,000 the UK rate is 1.4 in 100,000. The most common method of murder in the UK is with sharp weapons i.e. Knives. Yeah I'll still take a bullet over a stab wound. Canada murder rate 1.6 in 100,000 again stabbing main method. Now what matters here is am I willing to face a murder rate of 5.0 unarmed. At the end of the day this is my home, my family, my life and I would defend with a pair of scissors if i had to. Since I have guns and military training I like my odds. Tragedies happen on a global scale every day and it is a sad thing. And if my gov. decided to outlaw firearms I would still keep them. I will rely on no other man or woman to defend what is mine before first relying on me.
    I like you.

Oh and an after thought Canada has little fear of invasion much like the UK since if anyone threatened them they would call on their gun crazy American friends to defend them.
    I like you a lot!
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I like you.

I like you a lot!
    Thank you, its just so irritating to see people post anti-gun ideals when if they were presented with a situation where someone is attacking their family they would wish they could shoot them.

Thank you, its just so irritating to see people post anti-gun ideals when if they were presented with a situation where someone is attacking their family they would wish they could shoot them.
    Absolutely! When it comes to protecting the people I love, I want the best weapon I can possibly get.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Thread Information