Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC fighter Joe (Diesel) Riggs shoots himself while cleaning pistol at home

So after reading some data about gun deaths in America... It appears that ten out 100000 Americans die from gun shots, of those ten... 2 and intentional murders, .30 are unintentional, 6 are suicides, and the other few undetermined... As opposed to in Canada were out of the same number of people there are 2 gun related deaths, one being intentional, and one being suicide generally speaking. So if you leave out the statistic about suicide and only focus on gun related deaths it looks horrible for America, but given the suicide rate... Turns out canada is basically marginally safe by those numbers... But apparently Americans just hate their lives more. Now I'm sure if you pull the numbers from Detroit, it looks like a war zone, if you pull Senoia ga where I live it seems really safe.. But that's how averages work.

And I realize this leaves out robberies and rapes and all that goodness... But just talking gun related deaths.... I haven't had coffee and far to lazy to continue looking up stats
    Last edited by rspier; 08-03-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    So after reading some data about gun deaths in America... It appears that ten out 100000 Americans die from gun shots, of those ten... 2 and intentional murders, .30 are unintentional, 6 are suicides, and the other few undetermined... As opposed to in Canada were out of the same number of people there are 2 gun related deaths, one being intentional, and one being suicide generally speaking. So if you leave out the statistic about suicide and only focus on gun related deaths it looks horrible for America, but given the suicide rate... Turns out canada is basically marginally safe by those numbers... But apparently Americans just hate their lives more. Now I'm sure if you pull the numbers from Detroit, it looks like a war zone, if you pull Senoia ga where I live it seems really safe.. But that's how averages work.

And I realize this leaves out robberies and rapes and all that goodness... But just talking gun related deaths.... I haven't had coffee and far to lazy to continue looking up stats
    If you look up vehicle related deaths, or a dozen other things, gun deaths seem trivial, and as if they are being targeted because of an agenda that people are being tricked into following...that's just the opinion of a gun nut though, what do I know.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    first and foremost this ^ qualifies for stupid. A weapon, pistol, or a rifle don't kill it's the people behind them do. I've had near 200 45 pistols under my control that put OVER 1 million rounds down range and never killed any body. Did have one shooter put his thumb in the wrong spot and pinched it when the slide went back but by no means was that the pistols fault. Yes you can hunt with a pistol took many deer with one. Agree you have the right to like them or hate them but know a little more before you spout off false facts
    Aside from your grammar... which I won't be petty and correct... I do take issue with your final sentence.

YOU may deer hunt with a hand gun (which is ridiculous!!!)... but a handgun is NOT designed to hunt with.
    It is DESIGNED to kill humans.
    That's a fact.
    Not a false fact.

But yes... we can all have our opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    Aside from your grammar... which I won't be petty and correct... I do take issue with your final sentence.

YOU may deer hunt with a hand gun (which is ridiculous!!!)... but a handgun is NOT designed to hunt with.
    It is DESIGNED to kill humans.
    That's a fact.
    Not a false fact.

But yes... we can all have our opinions.
    My dad pretty much only carries his handgun with him to kill snakes on our farm. It also doesn't matter what a gun is designed for, although I've never seen a gun ad that mentions it's purpose as killing humans, but it matters what it's actually used for. Murder is illegal last I checked, so if you're legally killing a human with your gun, that means they were trying to harm you and your loved ones. Defense is what they are actually designed for, and I'm not apologizing for that.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Video: Watch disgusting footage of Joe Riggs gunshot wound and the gaping holes it left in his body
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/3/596...holes-body-mma
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Video: Watch disgusting footage of Joe Riggs gunshot wound and the gaping holes it left in his body
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/3/596...holes-body-mma
    Ah, I can't watch it from my phone. Is it terrible?
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

I didn't watch it either. But when the internet declares something disgusting, you can be assured it is at least that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Ah, I can't watch it from my phone. Is it terrible?
    ohhhhhhhh fuck yeah it is.

watched it twice....holy fuck...They are still squeezing bullet fragments out of the one hole. Just nasty.

In my concealed carry class they showed a lot of "what happens when you accidentally shoot yourself" videos, and talked about rare circumstances where you could get hurt even when doing things that seem to be correct (casing wearing down which could create a bad situation, and a couple of other things like that). I'm not gonna lie, they scared the shit out of me. There was a whole lot of people that had put their guns up to their hand, face, ect. and "showed off" the safety only to destroy themselves. I will say that pro gun or anti gun, a gun should always be handled with extreme caution.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    a gun should always be handled with extreme caution.

Tupac Shakur approves this message.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information