Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: Glover Teixeira, Phil Davis verbally agree to UFC light heavyweight fight

this is the fight they put on, so you can time when to go to the bathroom or out for a smoke

I'd really love for one person to post something legitimate stating that Glover ever ducked a Rumble fight. Last time I checked, he was getting his elbow and shoulder reefed by Jon Jones and was pretty damn beaten up after it.

Glover walks up Phil Davis here...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I'd really love for one person to post something legitimate stating that Glover ever ducked a Rumble fight. Last time I checked, he was getting his elbow and shoulder reefed by Jon Jones and was pretty damn beaten up after it.

I hadnt heard about Glover ducking Johnson but I just thought that fight makes the most sense. Definitely a lot more than Glover vs Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Glover vs. Johnson makes more sense to me. Who is Johnson going to fight now?
    Both guys coming off a loss and neither in the immediate title contender picture makes sense to me.
    If they are smart they keep Rumble as a back up for a possible injury to either Jones or Cormier.

Davis will do better here then people expect

[Sarcastic Font]Dude come on, they both fought at UFC 172. If Rumble could make it to this past Saturday's event there's no reason Glover couldn't. 3 months time for a fight camp is plenty of time. Don't use such a baseless argument to defend your boy. Lil Nog's blood is on Texiera's hands. [/Sarcastic Font]
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Glover will not be able to finish Davis imo. By the second he's already slowed down and will be more susceptible to the tds. Davis via UD.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I realy think RUmble is going to face the Bader/St perux winner.
    I'm down with that, but I still think Glover vs AJ made more sense if they were moving him up to title contention, wouldnt you agree? I have Bader and OSP behind Teixiera in the LHW division and that doesnt seem like the fight you'd make for somebody who just beat Phil Davis and is #5 while on track to #1 contender

I never said he ducked him, I said Teixiera was offered the fight and Glover elected knee surgery or he said his knee was injured, has nothing do with the elbow and shoulder you mentioned. Now AJ is head of him which is obvious if Glover is facing Phil Davis and not Rumble, eh? Dont get salty about it, its just fairly obvious with the matchmaking.

One could say Glover is ducking Rumble all he wants tho since it was supposed to be him instead of Lil Nog. It doesnt matter, I'll go ahead and dust off my MMA math major, Glover loses to Rumble, Rumble still gets his #1 contender fight soon enough after.

Rumble vs Texieria is the fight I would of made and I was calling for it even after he dispatched Lil Nog, but at this point it seems they are going AJ vs Gus or AJ vs Cormier/Jones loser. That's just observations to be made with the matchmaking currently, so I mean take it for what you will
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 07-31-2014 at 03:26 AM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I'm telling ya Glover lost his chance and got leapfrogged in regards to contention by AJ because he backed out of fighting Rumble.
    So I'm clear, the phrasing of "backed out" denotes that he had accepted it and then I dunno, "backed out", which Glover never did.

To my knowledge and correct me if I'm wrong, but Glover never signed to fight Rumble or ever actually turned down the fight Rumble but had required surgery(whether it's on his knee, elbow or ankle, he had a legitimate operation to attend to) after a title fight. If you can find information on the contrary, please prove me wrong but as of now, your phrasing of "backed out" is incorrect.

So I'm clear, the phrasing of "backed out" denotes that he had accepted it and then I dunno, "backed out", which Glover never did.

To my knowledge and correct me if I'm wrong, but Glover never signed to fight Rumble or ever actually turned down the fight Rumble but had required surgery(whether it's on his knee, elbow or ankle, he had a legitimate operation to attend to) after a title fight. If you can find information on the contrary, please prove me wrong but as of now, your phrasing of "backed out" is incorrect.
    ok you're right the fight was never inked but it was well talked about before Lil Nog was put against Rumble, but Glover declined because of an injury at the moment which is no big deal thats not what i was getting at. What i was getting at is because of that it seems AJ is quite ahead of him, Glover fighting Phil kinda proves that instead of him fighting Rumble, but honestly the rest of the division is already booked so they could be just biding time so it has a chance to clear up the smoke on who faces who. It's anybody's guess at this point
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Goodbye Mr. Wonderful.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information