Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: Glover Teixeira, Phil Davis verbally agree to UFC light heavyweight fight

Come on, admins. What the fuck is all this spam? This disrupted the forums badly last time and, honestly, isn't that hard to address. Hell, I can spend a weekend walking you through the tech and process if you really need. But this needs to end.

I don't think I've ever seen Anchor Punch get mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Glover Teixeira vs. Phil Davis added to UFC 179 in Brazil
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/1/...-179-in-brazil
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Anchor Punch get mad
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Kinda scared me.

Like when you were a kid, and the cool uncle yelled at you about something
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

everyone knows Glover didnt ACTUALLY get surgery? Right?

Although he injured his right shoulder in a recent failed bid for the UFC light heavyweight title, Glover Teixeira recently got some good news.

The fighter, who suffered a decision loss to titleholder Jon Jones this past month at UFC 172, said the injured joint won’t require surgery.

Teixeira (22-3 MMA, 5-1 UFC) injured his shoulder when Jones (20-1 MMA, 14-1 UFC) cranked it early in the first round of their April 26 pay-per-view headliner. The Brazilian fought on despite a torn labrum, but he suffered a five-round loss via 50-45 scores across the board (watch the Jones vs. Teixeira video highlights).

Prior to the defeat, Teixeira had won 20 straight fights, including five straight in the UFC.

He’s currently ranked No. 5 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA light heavyweight rankings.

A timetable hasn’t been set for his return to the cage.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/recent-...jured-shoulder

This fight would have been so interesting months ago, but after we watched how both of them got destroyed by Rumble and Jones respectively, it is like a fight between 2 great fighters that you know will never wear UFC gold.

I think Davis is going to win this via boring decision.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    This fight would have been so interesting months ago, but after we watched how both of them got destroyed by Rumble and Jones respectively, it is like a fight between 2 great fighters that you know will never wear UFC gold.

I think Davis is going to win this via boring decision.
    Eh lets not our MMA Math Majors get pulled out into the light, but if Teixiera beats Davis I'll still want to see him vs Rumble, but if it's the other way around I really dont have any interest in seeing him fight AJ and would rather hope for Rumble vs Gus
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Now I'm just happy that I'm the cool uncle of MMANews : )

I like this fight, sort of a throwback to wrestler vs BJJ or wrestler vs striker. I think Davis can win it, he took some hard shots from Rumble and Evans if I recall correctly and didn't seem too phased but it. Glover is power puncher but if Davis doesn't stand in front of him and can put him down he can probably gas him out and actually get a submission win.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Thread Information