Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Machida Calls out Luke Rockhold For October Bout

Default Machida Calls out Luke Rockhold For October Bout

Machida Calls out Luke Rockhold For October Bout
    ďI had no injuries against Weidman, after the fight I went back training moderately. In September Iíll start working hard and in October Iíll be able to have a fight. Itís up to the UFC to choose my opponent. I would like to face Rockhold. Heís a former Strikeforce champion, I respect him a lot. I donít dislike him, we get along well, but itís a fight that makes sense for both of us and for the fans, once we have good ranking positions and think on the belt.Ē

ďI havenít thought after my bout with Weidman about leaving the Middleweight division, not for a second. I want to still test myself against top 10 guys. Beside Rockhold, there are other fighters that I want to face but they have fights scheduled.Ē
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Sounds like he's not interested in fighting for a title again imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    How do you figure? This is a fight that could line the winner up for a title shot. I actually really like this fight. If Luke wins, he proves that he is ready for a title shot (in my eyes) and if Machida wins, he is right back in the mix.

I disagree. Luke is top 5 beating him would put Machida right back into contention. He had a horrible gameplan against Weidman, I'd be nervous to see a rematch as a Weidman fan if Machida was the aggressor the from the get go like he was in the championship rounds.

I think this is a great fight to set up and they should make it happen.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

"I want to still test myself against top ten guys. "

Its not like he said "I want to make another run for a title shot".

I also think if he was the aggressor from the beginning we could probably of had a new champ. Machida still has what it takes to beat any of the top 10 guys at mw and lhw imo. He just needs to get better gameplans. He has a lot of success when hes aggressive and he's a very accurate striker too.

Machida takes this UD by keeping distance and avoiding takedowns...

I also think if he was the aggressor from the beginning we could probably of had a new champ.
    This is a pretty accurate description of all Machida's loses except maybe the Bones one and Shogun 2. He's so talented but can be overly hesitant at times and won't start fighting until he is enough rounds down to need a finish. It was disappointing to predict it and then see him do exactly that against Weidman.

I also think if he was the aggressor from the beginning we could probably of had a new champ.
    I kind of disagree. I think the reason Machida was able to turn it up so much was because Weidman started to slow down a little bit as the fight went on. Also, even though he started to land more shots, when he turning up the aggression, he started to eat a lot more shots as well. It would have been a dangerous game to come out fighting like he did in the fourth, against a fresh Weidman. On the flip side, I really do hope Lyoto is able to earn another shot and hopefully find a way to win the belt.

I think the fight makes sense. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information