Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks: 'I'll enjoy fighting Lawler with two arms'

Default Johny Hendricks: 'I'll enjoy fighting Lawler with two arms'

Johny Hendricks narrowly won one of the greatest, most violent fights in MMA history last March with a decision over Robbie Lawler for the vacant UFC welterweight title. As it turned out, Hendricks did so with torn biceps in one of his arms.
    Now, the champ is set to face Lawler again once his surgically-repaired arm heals. Hendricks says he's looking forward to seeing what he can do healthy.
    "Iím sort of excited about that. Going into something healthy, with two arms, would be nice," he said in a recent interview.
    "Yeah, I can face Robbie Lawler healthy, [with] everything going right, get in there and see if it is as close a fight as it was the first time. Because Iím healthy, both arms are active, I can do a lot more."
    On the one hand, the statement may sound a bit arrogant and off-putting in the sense that it would seem to diminish Lawler's own great performance against Hendricks. On the other hand, Hendricks fought Lawler with torn freaking biceps, and that's crazy.
    If we're honest, we're wondering the exact same thing Hendricks is - can he beat Lawler more convincingly if one of his arms isn't ripped to shreds on the inside? All fighters deal with serious injuries between and even during fights.
    Perhaps Lawler had some injuries he hasn't detailed. Either way, their welterweight title rematch is sure to be one of the more anticipated UFC bouts in awhile.
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...160653141.html

I really want to like Johny but he always has a tendency to talk too much in a whiney-type way....

I think he takes Lawler cleaner in the rematch but I'll be pulling for Robbie.

God he is annoying, also I wouldn't call that fight one of the best and most violent fights in MMA history.

Hopefully Lawler ko's him this time.

With that said, this fight might not happened. Seems all these scheduled title rematches have been cursed. Look at Jones vs Gus 2, Aldo vs Mendes 2.

Barao vs TJ 2 probably won't either.

Double Post
    Last edited by 1inthechamber; 07-31-2014 at 05:55 PM.

I think Lawler beats him this time - and I will love every second of it!

We only get to see a healthy Johny fight 70% of the time.

Hendricks is nauseating. A 3 fight losing streak to Lawler, Rory, and Condit would be just what the doctor ordered.

He was likeable before the GSP fight. But after that he became pretty annoying and arrogant. He still can not get over the fact that GSP beat him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Love Lawler but WAR Hendricks.

Hope someone gets the KO in the rematch.

Thread Information