Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Rumble' open to heavyweight fight against 'Demolition Man'

Default 'Rumble' open to heavyweight fight against 'Demolition Man'

'Rumble' open to heavyweight fight against 'Demolition Man'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/1/595...any-weight-mma
    During a recent interview with MMA Roasted, Johnson was asked who he'd like to fight next, but was unwilling to call anyone out. When asked if he'd ever be willing to take on Alistair, a question that was posed after Johnson said his former training partner was at "negative zero" when it came to picking up the ladies, "Rumble" didn't hesitate to respond.

"I'll fight him at any weight."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

He has looked impressive since coming back but I don't know if the Reem is being a bit ambitious?

10/10 for confidence in his own ability though, if he could last the Reem's early barrage he most definitely could beat him, would depend on the pace of the fight IMO
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

If it was Jones calling out AO people would flipping the fuck out.

Because its Rumble we will see things like what was said above and praise him for whatever reason.

10/10 for confidence in his own ability though,
    ^ see

4. Default

Bones have you ever heard a fighter say he can't beat them before it happens?

Quote Originally Posted by mmafan111 View Post
    He has looked impressive since coming back but I don't know if the Reem is being a bit ambitious?

10/10 for confidence in his own ability though, if he could last the Reem's early barrage he most definitely could beat him, would depend on the pace of the fight IMO
    Id love to see Rumble take on AO.

I don't think it is too much at this point for Rumble either.

I think AO is on the decline and if Rumble could take him out it would sky rocket his stock.. What are his other options at this point? Pray for a fight with Gus? Go down the line to Manuwa?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    If it was Jones calling out AO people would flipping the fuck out.
    I think it would be just the opposite. I think people would like to see Jones call out and compete at HW.

I would love to have Jones call out a heavyweight

I think rumble can hang with reem. Did just fine against AA.

I like this and I dont like this.

Rumble has great potential at LHW and I'd like him to stay focused there, but LHW is kinda tied in a knot right now waiting for fights to happen and fighters to get healthy. A dominant victory over Alistair would definitely put the asses in the seats to see his future fights and raise his stock, but if he lost? Well I mean it's Overeem so a loss wouldnt be that horrible for a guy stepping up in weight to fight, but I dont like it for that reason and that it would be taking away from his pretty stellar run so far at LHW

Overeem has nothing left to lose honestly and some say his career is on an avalanche of a decline.. This would be a fun fight and a pretty nice striking exhibition, but win or lose Overeem has nothing to really gain. Personally I think Overeem needs to finish Rothwell, take another fight against alot higher competition and see how does there, with a win after that a "prime" AO of course vs JDS, what everybody has been waiting to see
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I would love to have Jones call out a heavyweight
    he did, Cain. Then everyone proceeded to freak the fuck out.

Once he walks though DC in september, id assume a lot of your (the forum) opinions on Jones at HW will change.

Would fucking love to see him fight Cain. I don't see him walking through DC. Can see him winning, but I believe it will be a good fight.

Edit: were you implying that I think he would not do well at HW? Or the forum? I think he would do well.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Would fucking love to see him fight Cain.
    Ditto.

Thread Information