Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Rumble' open to heavyweight fight against 'Demolition Man'

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    he did, Cain. Then everyone proceeded to freak the fuck out.

Once he walks though DC in september, id assume a lot of your (the forum) opinions on Jones at HW will change.
    I'd like to see him face several people at HW. Cain, Bigfoot Silva, Overeem and JDS just to name a few.

and I DO NOT see him "walking" through DC, if he does then God Bless Him, but I think it will be a good fight.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Jones and AO train together.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I never said it would happen, I just wanted to see it. However changes he switches teams and camps alot so wait a bit and it may come to fruition.

However I think he has found a good spot at Greg Jackson's and I hope he sticks with em, i think they can do him wonders. Not sure why him and the Blackzilians werent on the same page, that kinda sucked but oh well whatever works best for him.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I have seen pics of Overeem with pretty hot women, so I am not sure he is so bad as a "PUA" lol

About the fight, it would be actually awesome. Rumble has looked like a monster lately. I actually think he is the one who definitely can beat Jon Jones.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Rumble has looked like a monster lately. I actually think he is the one who definitely can beat Jon Jones.
    Really? I think Jones takes him down and sub's him before the 3rd round.

Maybe yes, or maybe not. Rumble has looked extremely good lately, and it seems that mentally he is now very strong as well.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Really? I think Jones takes him down and sub's him before the 3rd round.
    that's not likely. Now you're just getting me all excited and stoked to see Jones vs Rumble..

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    that's not likely. Now you're just getting me all excited and stoked to see Jones vs Rumble..
    why is it unlikely? A WW and a MW did it.

he did, Cain. Then everyone proceeded to freak the fuck out.

Once he walks though DC in september, id assume a lot of your (the forum) opinions on Jones at HW will change.
    I think he will be on his back a lot against Cormier, he is gonna have to show an aspect of his game we haven't seen much of yet in his BJJ, key questions will be answered about how he deals with Cormiers positioning and weight distribution, the guy looks a master at top control.

That being said Jones has ridiculous amounts of reach advantage, even from the bottom he will be mega dangerous and they elbow are just brutal, don't remember seeing Cormier hurt from strikes so not sure if Jones has the power to daze him but he deffo has the ability to slice him open.

Personally I cannot wait as prior to the Gus fight I thought Jones was an absolute monster and that was the first fight where he looked normal. Cormier hadn't really impressed me since joining the UFC but seems to get the job done and he fucked up Hendo something awful.

I do want Cormier to win for selfish reasons as it opens up a tonne of new matches and may allow Jones to bulk up and try HW, however I would not be upset if Jones managed to beat Cormier as it would IMO stamp his name in the books as the best LHW in history!
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by mmafan111 View Post
    stamp his name in the books as the best LHW in history!
    he already is.

Thread Information