Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Rumble' open to heavyweight fight against 'Demolition Man'

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Is that the quote you intended to post? If so, I dont understand why you did.
    I believe that's the response he is saying Rumble should of made as an answer to the interviewer.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

For the record, I think Rumble would hurt Overeem at this point in their careers. And I'd love it.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    For the record, I think Rumble would hurt Overeem at this point in their careers. And I'd love it.
    I like em both, so dont want them to fight, but Overeem is a tall order. how do you feel about Rumble vs Bones in the near future? I think he can hang and will bang him up worse than Gus, actually kinda have a feeling Rumble vs Gus is gonna happen sooner rather than later. I personally feel Rumble vs Jones would be a pretty stellar fight, sure Rumble hasnt knocked off any of the Top 5, which is kinda why I hope he gets Gus as Alex's first fight back just to see where he actually is at and no more speculation.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Well I typed out a lengthy response to you, Greg, but since I only post from my phone now for the last few months because I don't have a computer, the site logs you off after a miniscule amount of time if you don't refresh the page, and now it says that it doesn't support some shit off of mobile, I don't know. I used to be able to log back in sometimes and it would post what I typed, but now it doesn't at all. It fucking pisses me off as this has happened so many times when I've typed up a long post that ends up being a complete waste of time and thought. So I just say fuck it afterwards.

I took like 20 min to express some thoughts in the new mod thread today about riv, you and DA, the state of the forum and the changes, BK, and SJ, but the same shit happened so I said fuck it.

It makes me so angry. I hate not having a damn computer. That's why I haven't posted as much for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Well I typed out a lengthy response to you, Greg, but since I only post from my phone now for the last few months because I don't have a computer, the site logs you off after a miniscule amount of time if you don't refresh the page, and now it says that it doesn't support some shit off of mobile, I don't know. I used to be able to log back in sometimes and it would post what I typed, but now it doesn't at all. It fucking pisses me off as this has happened so many times when I've typed up a long post that ends up being a complete waste of time and thought. So I just say fuck it afterwards.

I took like 20 min to express some thoughts in the new mod thread today about riv, you and DA, the state of the forum and the changes, BK, and SJ, but the same shit happened so I said fuck it.

It makes me so angry. I hate not having a damn computer. That's why I haven't posted as much for a while.
    No worries man, I'd appreciate it if you do end up posting them tho at some point as I like hearing what you have to say but I understand completely you not wanting to screw with it and the inconvenience it causes.

farang Guest

Default Johnson matched well

Arlovsky is a chin awaiting a fist to put it to bed. Little Nogs way past his prime. Johnson still muscle-bound. Will fade after unloading one or two barrages...if opponent still standing? Big trouble for Rumble.

Match him against Manuwa: if he can take out Jimmy like Gus did, then talk about him vs Shogun. If he gets past someone like Rua? Then talk title matches vs Bones Jones.

You know him: the guy walking around with Gus' title. The one savagely beaten and handed a very questionable decision. (lop-sided betting odds surely had nothing to do with the sleazy decision, I am certain). Light years from the "best LHW ever" mantle.

If Eye-poke Charlie gets past DC, he won't get past Gus again. But I do not think he gets past DC. Gus easily took Jones down. Easily. DC rides him and whups him.

He'd make Rumble cry "uncle" by the end of second round.

Quote Originally Posted by farang View Post
    Arlovsky is a chin awaiting a fist to put it to bed. Little Nogs way past his prime. Johnson still muscle-bound. Will fade after unloading one or two barrages...if opponent still standing? Big trouble for Rumble.

Match him against Manuwa: if he can take out Jimmy like Gus did, then talk about him vs Shogun. If he gets past someone like Rua? Then talk title matches vs Bones Jones.

You know him: the guy walking around with Gus' title. The one savagely beaten and handed a very questionable decision. (lop-sided betting odds surely had nothing to do with the sleazy decision, I am certain). Light years from the "best LHW ever" mantle.

If Eye-poke Charlie gets past DC, he won't get past Gus again. But I do not think he gets past DC. Gus easily took Jones down. Easily. DC rides him and whups him.

He'd make Rumble cry "uncle" by the end of second round.
    I dont agree with any of this really, AT ALL. I'd like to see Rumble vs Manuwa if it helps seal his spot in the Top of the division, but I dont believe it does. Jimi Manuwa was hyped as undefeated and the UFC tried to fast track him to the top, Gus showed he wasnt top of the division or ready to tackle the top tier at all. Rumble facing Manuwa doesnt benefit him AT ALL, he's already ahead of him I believe. Lets do it tho if it will shut the detractors of Anthony "Rumble" Johnson up, but that fight goes much like Manuwa vs Gustafsson. Probably over faster.

Rumble vs Gus needs to happen. Rumble vs winner of Bader/St. Preux needs to happen most likely first, but to say that Rumble has to beat Shogun before he can legitimately face Jon Jones is a bit outlandish.

8. Default

If AAs chin is so suspect, then why didn't Rumble KO him? AA actually had his jaw broken in the 1st and fought through it.

Not to mention AA was cracked good by schaub a couple of times and he hits hard as well. AA has been KO'd by heavyweights. Heavyweights ko people. They are big and hit hard. Nothing more to it than that. Arlovski doesn't have a glass jaw.

On topic: I feel that rumble has problems with AO. Alistair is a big heavyweight. His size and striking pedigree will pose big issues for a natural LHW. Rumbles speed and power might find overeems chin but AO has been hit by much larger men than rumble. I think after looking good for one round Johnson would likely be clinched and thrown around by the bigger man.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Thread Information