Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Rumble' open to heavyweight fight against 'Demolition Man'

Pat Cummins wants Anthony Johnson fight, puts Jon Jones on blast for Twitter snub
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/3/596...itter-snub-mma
    "Durkin" has now won two straight after a debut shellacking at the hands of ex-teammate Daniel Cormier, and told the gang at Submission Radio he's off to the races. Especially now that he can train properly for each fight, something not afforded to him for his UFC 170 call-up.

And he's going straight to the top.

"I actually like the fact that Jon Jones is looking at me like I was some kind of, you know pop up, quick 'one and done' kind of guy, when you know realistically I wanna challenge for the belt. So if he's gonna overlook me that's great, because it's going to catch up with him eventually. I may be the tortoise in this race, but he's gonna fall down at some point. After I saw Anthony's fight my coach and I looked at each other and said 'man, I would like that match up.' Because really for me it's weathering the storm, you know. He's an explosive guy and we all saw what he did to Nogueira in just over a minute. So, you know I think I can weather that storm and I think conditioning is still his issue. I still think if someone pushes him hard, he's gonna have those same problems that he used to have when he was making 170, and I'd like be the guy to exploit that weakness."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

So pat cummings is going to weather Rumbles storm when he couldnt weather DC's....Also, what makes Pat think he is ANYWHERE close to top 10 fighters let alone top 5.

Rumble would yet another first round finish in the UFC if he was to fight Cummings.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Pat Cummins wants Anthony Johnson fight, puts Jon Jones on blast for Twitter snub
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/3/596...itter-snub-mma
    Pat Cummins is a bit far off here with this callout, I like that he wants to test himself but Rumble is way ahead of him and very close to #1 contender with another win I feel and Pat is pretty well off from that. I really hope the UFC doesnt entertain this matchup as anything other than to keep Rumble active if at all. Rumble in my eyes is awaiting a fight that is way above Pat Cummins, would everyone not agree? He should of been fighting Teixiera, the only other thing I can see is them waiting to see is if Jones or DC gets hurt before their fight to fill in, the winner of Bader/St. Preux, or Gus to come back early.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

There is absolutely no reason for Rumble to take a fight with Cummins
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    There is absolutely no reason for Rumble to take a fight with Cummins
    outside of an easy first round KO and an easy pay day. Shit id take the fight on those terms alone.

Haven't gotten a chance to watch a lot of mma lately,but I saw Johnson early on and I'm glad he's got shit going his way,presently.Also,kudos for handling it like gentlemen.

Pat Cummings definitely doesn't deserve a fight with Rumble. At first, I thought that he's just wasting a call-out when he wasn't going to get the matchup, but this has at least brought his name back into some headlines. I guess people are talking about him.

Thread Information