Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 'Rumble' open to heavyweight fight against 'Demolition Man'

Rumble can fluctuate between the two divisions and make the cut back to LHW just fine, he proved that with the Arlovski fight, along with a pretty clear successful weigh-in a few weeks ago coming in under the mark. I believe Anthony Johnson is in a good place both mentally and physically as well as has great coaching staff behind him. He has huge potential at this point, I just hope it all works out and comes to fruition for him.

EDIT: forgot to put the link to the article in my comment above, it's there now but here as well if anyone cared to see it http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...bullyq-overeem
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Andrei Arlovski hospitalized by Alistair Overeem after 'dirty tricks' in training camp
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/20/60...-jon-jones-mma

"I do not like to wash dirty linen in public, but in these words there is a weighty truth. A few days ago I was sparring with Alistair Overeem and experienced firsthand how it can end. As usual sparring goes: men represent strikes, touch each other, but do not tend to cause real damage to the partner. During one of the highlights of our sparring, Overeem hit me with the hardest knee kick in the stomach. In a real fight would turn out for me by knockout. After that, I immediately went to the hospital to make sure that my ribs were not broken. Thank God, everything turned out okay, although at first we were afraid that my fight with 'Bigfoot' would be cancelled. It was so unexpected and so unpleasant that at first I even wanted to take revenge on him, at least hit him with his elbow. But my boxing coach, Andrei Ivchuk, turned around and reassured me. 'Do not be like the people who allow themselves to such dirty tricks. No need to stoop to their level.' Now I know that Overeem injured Jon Jones simply because he injures everyone with whom trains."

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    If Rumble moves up to HW to face AO, I don't think he will be able to fight at 205 afterwards. He likes to pack on tons of muscle mass, so surely he will do the same at HW; therefore, he would have to trim back down, which is clearly difficult for him.

Overeem seems to be a really bad training partner.

Look at this video, one thing is to fool around and "bully" other guys in a playful way, but here even though he is not really hurting them, he already looks like a douche.

http://vimeo.com/10244315
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

That might be the worst photoshop I've ever seen
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Overeem seems to be a really bad training partner.

Look at this video, one thing is to fool around and "bully" other guys in a playful way, but here even though he is not really hurting them, he already looks like a douche.

http://vimeo.com/10244315
    I do not like that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

am i the only one that thought they were all having fun in the AO video? That kinda shit happens all the time in MMA gyms

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    am i the only one that thought they were all having fun in the AO video? That kinda shit happens all the time in MMA gyms
    You sound like Gus Johnson.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    The one where everyone is laughing, including the guy being punched? Me too. I don't get it.

I have always been a massive Overeem fan but I've said this before, Overeems chin is gone.

On a side note.. I have been away from this site for a while and I'm happy to be back.

Thread Information