Thread: Brandon Thatch vs. Jordan Mein set for UFN 49 with Thiago Alves injured

Default Brandon Thatch vs. Jordan Mein set for UFN 49 with Thiago Alves injured

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/2/...-alves-injured

The injury bug strikes again.

Thiago Alves, who was kept out of the Octagon for a couple years due to multiple injuries and surgeries, was forced out of the UFC Fight Night 49 bout with Jordan Mein, the promotion announced Wednesday.

Instead of "Pitbull," Mein will be facing welterweight prospect Brandon Thatch at the Fight Night card in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Aug. 23.

Thatch (11-1) returns to action following back-to-back dominant victories over Paulo Thiago and Justin Edwards in his first UFC appearances. Mein (28-9) enters the bout coming off a split decision victory over former Shooto welterweight champion Hernani Perpetuo in April.

UFC Fight Night 49 takes place at the BOK Center in Tulsa and is headlined by a lightweight showdown between former champion Ben Henderson and Brazil's Rafael dos Anjos.
    Well I hate to say I called it, but I fucking called it. I've finally decided not to get my hopes up when Alves is announced to fight. I'm pretty bummed that Thiago is injured yet again, but Thatch is a pretty sick replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Well that's a bummer like always. Still a good fight though.

dammit man! Alves just cant stay healthy.. Love watching him fight, but this is happening way too often, hope he isnt down too long.

speaking of Thiago's.. did anybody else see that Thiago Silva is fighting for some unknown small organization in August?
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

This a great fight. Both these guys are exciting. Thatch is a killer and this is going to be his coming out party.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

This is going to be much more of a scrap than the original fight; should be fun.

And, Alves, well I'm not sure if we'll actually see him fight again. He's only 30 but has a decent number of fights, can't stay healthy, and may not have evolved enough to hang in the top 10 ever again.

In injury reshuffling, Jordan Mein now meets Mike Pyle at UFC Fight Night 49
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/in-inju...fight-night-49
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Well dammit. That injury bug is one evil son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information