Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedor: If I was in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain

Default Fedor: If I was in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain

Fedor: If I was in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...to-fight-Cain/
    Retired legend Fedor Emelianenko is touring Canada, in support of the World Mixed Martial Arts Association. The WMMA is a non-profit group run by crazy Russian M-1 owner and Emelianenko's manager Vadim Finkelchtein. The WMMA - not to be confused with Women's MMA - has the stated goal of getting amateur MMA in the Olympics. Emelianenko serves are the organization's honorary president.

“I’m really here to promote the sport, provide support for Canadian fighters and be here to celebrate the joining of (the Canadian MMA Federation and the worldwide organization),” said Fedor to Danny Austin for the Calgary Sun, through hot translator Ioulia Reynolds. “Getting MMA in the Olympics is the main goal. Right now we’re focusing on the safety of the sport and putting all the rules and practices in place to adhere to world standards of the sport and make sure it’s safe.”

Although he is irrevocably retired, Fedor is not getting fat and happy. He has the same mirthful eyes and wide, goofy grin.

And he hasn't stopped training.

“I still train, so there isn’t much that I miss,” said Emelianenko. “A true athlete is someone who doesn’t just stop training when they stop competing. It’s a way of life and they keep in shape just to keep up that standard.

“Plus, there’s a lot of younger guys who would like to take me down, so I always need to keep up because I definitely don’t want that to happen.”

In the sport's early days, Miletich Martial Arts had world champions when the gym consisted of a racquetball court. Now there are sprawling celebrity camps, with reporters cycling through on a constant basis. However, Fedor still advocates the spartan training he is famous for.

“It’s essential for a fighter to go separately and just focus on training away from everybody else,” said Emelianenko. “(To be an MMA fighter) takes hard work. You need to be fearless. You need to see your target and go for it. You have to turn all your negatives into positives and all your weaknesses into strengths.”

Fedor will never fight again, but if he did, if he was again at his peak, he knows who he'd want to mix it up with.

“Cain Velasquez,” said Fedor. “He has some technical difficulties, but he has ambition and he’s fearless. He wants to win so badly and he’s in great condition. He’s a thinking fighter."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I was a big fan but lets be real, he didn't even wanna fight Brock Lesnar. So save us the bs.

Unregistered Guest

In Russian 'technical difficulties', means you hit way to fucking hard

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I was a big fan but lets be real, he didn't even wanna fight Brock Lesnar. So save us the bs.
    You make me laugh...

Yes, it was all about Fedor ducking Brock and not shitty immature management on both sides - UFC and M1.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

You think Fedor was scared of Brock? Lol.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

...what?

This might be the stupidest post on this bored ever.

this thread is going to get interesting...

I can't believe that in 2014 we still have to read things like that.
    It has been discussed hundreds of times and I will not lose time explaining again why the "Fedor was afraid of the UFC level" myth is a piece of crap.

As for the Cain fight, Cain of today vs 2004/2005 Fedor would have been something just epic. And I think that Fedor would have won.
    Cain is a machine and has amazing wrestling, but IMO Fedor was overall a more complete fighter.

In the striking, Fedor was faster and technically he was better.
    In the wrestling, Cain would have had a good advantage.
    At submissions, it is hard to tell because we have never seen Cain defend a submission or a try one of his own. We all know that Fedor was amazing at submitting people.
    At cardio, it is hard to tell, because Cain is a cardio machine, but Fedor did not looked specially tired after his wars with Nog or Crocop.

If they fought today, Cain would dominate Fedor (I am not sure he would finish him though). But if we put Prime Fedor vs Prime Cain, I think Fedor wins via close decision.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I completely agree with pasha k

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Thread Information