Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedor: If I was in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain

I wouldn't say Fedor was faster, but he had far better transitions than Cain, a much better chin than Cain, and he has one the one strike KO power than Cain lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    If they fought today, Cain would dominate Fedor (I am not sure he would finish him though). But if we put Prime Fedor vs Prime Cain, I think Fedor wins via close decision.
    ...with the way Cain gets hurt, and the fact that he's fighting a higher ratio of incredibly big/talented fighters than Fedor did, I'll go out on a limb and say if they fought 5 years from now, Fedor wins 5 out of 10.

I don't think Cain has a long shelf life. I hope he proves me wrong, but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Fedor has a loooooooooong way to go before he fights Cain. He should be testing himself against Shaub, if that.
    If that wasn't sarcasm, that's the third stupidest post in the thread.
    To be fair, the other two were made by one person.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by braddahmatt View Post
    Stopped reading right there... there was nothing technical about Fedor's striking at all.
    Fedor's striking got limited towards the end of his career, sloppy even. But through the majority of his career Fedor had a diverse striking arsenal and was technically proficient at applying it.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    If that wasn't sarcasm, that's the third stupidest post in the thread.
    To be fair, the other two were made by one person.

rh
    You can make your opinion known without insulting others, you are better than this Riv.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    You can make your opinion known without insulting others, you are better than this Riv.
    Do you agree with Dono's assessment of Fedor? Or do you think he was trolling?

Schaub? Really?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Do you agree with Dono's assessment of Fedor? Or do you think he was trolling?

Schaub? Really?
    This is where people need to be better then taking the bait when it comes to trolling.. If we just ignored silly posts that are either just really dumb or trying to bait some one into a pointless argument we wouldn't have these multiple page threads of people arguing over trivial things with each other that go nowhere.

Certain people should be better then that and everyone else should just learn to ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    This is where people need to be better then taking the bait when it comes to trolling.. If we just ignored silly posts that are either just really dumb or trying to bait some one into a pointless argument we wouldn't have these multiple page threads of people arguing over trivial things with each other that go nowhere.

Certain people should be better then that and everyone else should just learn to ignore it
    You are right... My bad.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    You are right... My bad.
    Wasn't referring to you really just people in general

Hey now, everybody should know me well enough to know I was joking around. Fedor isn't fighting in the UFC. It's not gonna happen. When I see posts about it I am going to have a little fun with it. All that being said, Fedor should really be fighting Nick Diaz after he beats Anderson.

P.S. If I'm being serious about something you'll know it pretty quickly. If dicking off makes me a dick then so be it!
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

If you have nothing to dispute MY OPINION, then shut the fuck up and keep it moving. You dumbfucks are starting to look like BK now
    It is extremely easy to show you plenty of facts that will prove your opinion wrong.
    But it has been discussed so many many times before that I will not lose time on that again.

Just to sum it really quickly.

1.- Fedor never ducked anyone. Specially Lesnar.
    2.- Fedor was definitely not scared of the UFC HWs.
    3.- Both Finkelstein and Dana White were the 2 responsible for Fedor never fighting in UFC. Both of them messed up big time with their shitty demands and their shitty attitude.

there was nothing technical about Fedor's striking at all. Also, absolutely no fucking way Fedor was faster than Cain Velasquez at any point in his career. Cain is another type of human being. I think he would absolutely rag doll Fedor at any point in his career. There is no comparison to Cain in any of Fedor's past opponents.
    Fedor has never been the most technical striker, I agree with that, but to say that there was no technique at all is silly.
    You can not outstrike someone like prime Crocop if you have no technique at all.
    He threw a lot of punches that in boxing are considered "sloppy", but those unorthodox punches were highly effective because of the speed, power and timing he had.

As for speed in general, Fedor in his prime was extremely fast for a HW.

You say that Fedor never faced anybody like Cain, and that is true, however Cain has never faced anybody like Fedor.
    You are underestimating Fedor in a huge way if you think that Cain would easily blow through him at any point of their careers.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

The thing I loved most about Fedor was how defied everything. He wasn't supposed to beat Minotauro on the ground, he wasn't supposed to beat Mirko on the feet, he wasn't supposed to get up from that Randleman supplex, he wasn't supposed to think that clearly after being rocked by Fujita, Arlovski's boxing was supposed to tool Fedor.

Fedor mindfucks his opponents the way Anderson does, but Fedor does it in a very discrete, respectable manner. During his first fight with Nogueira, Fedor was daring Nogueira to submit him and constantly escaped every kimura and triangle Minotauro threw. Fedor was a very smart fighter, but was also a very stubborn fighter. Fighters now like to expose others weaknesses, fighters like Fedor and BJ loved going at it whatever their opponent was best at, and I absolutely fucken loved that. (trust me, that is not a knock on anyone.)

BTW.... The only relevant HWs the UFC had at the time of their negotiations were Brock, Carwin, Randy, and Mir.

Thread Information