Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedor: If I was in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Some ppl are butthurt I don't share the same mancrush they have for fedor lol. Get a grip and stop crying. Getting all personal because you disagree with me is funny, some of you are too emotionally invested into what someone else thinks about your favorite fighter. If you have nothing to dispute MY OPINION, then shut the fuck up and keep it moving. You dumbfucks are starting to look like BK now.

Then you wonder why most ppl don't even come around here no more lol.
    This is pretty funny. Your post screams butt hurt yet you are accusing that of others. There is plenty out there to dispute your opinion. I get it. It your opinion and you are entitled to have one. There is a difference between an informed opinion rooted in facts to support your opinion and an uninformed opinion you pluck out of thin air because you do not know what you are talking about.

I can't help it if you never watched Fedor and only believe the Dana White spin but to suggest Fedor was scared or ducking anything is just plain stupid.

At there peaks Cain vs Fedor would be epic. It really could go either way. I would give the advantage to Cain because of his work rate but Fedor could end it with 1 shot.

Post like yours above bring these forums down a level and I do not think I've ever read anything from you that is noteworthy or intelligent.

Oh well Ron White was right you can't fix stupid so I don't even know why I bothered to reply

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I didn't say he was scared. He just chose never signed with the ufc to test himself against the top guys in the division (most were in the ufc). As great as he was, that will always stick out to me as well. Its easy to just blame his management but at the end of the day he communicates with his management and let them try negotiating those stupid things like co-promoting and etc. I really doubt he was completely outta the loop of what kinda offers and requests were being made.
    You are so wrong about this I don't know where to begin.

The UFC did not MOST of the best heavyweights. Sure they had Cain a JDS who were not exactly the household names they are now. Aside from that they had who? Brock, Mir, Nog, Carwin Im sure I'm missing someone but my point is they had a handful of big names, and some upcoming talent. Outside of the UFC you had Alister, Barnett, Werdum, BigFoot, Brett Rogers, Daniel Cormier probably others I'm overlooking. Again a handful of big names and some up and comers.

There where as many if not more challenges outside of the UFC as in. Fedor was not ducking anyone. In my opinion, he just didnt want to work for someone who sent much of the last several years shitting all over Fedor.

None of us will ever know exactly why a deal couldn't be worked out but suggesting The UFC had the best heavyweights and Fedor was ducking them is comical. Hell all you have to do is look at the UFC's ranking and you'll see 5 or so of the top 10 are guys that were in Strikeforce when Fedor signed.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    You say that Fedor never faced anybody like Cain, and that is true, however Cain has never faced anybody like Fedor. You are underestimating Fedor in a huge way if you think that Cain would easily blow through him at any point of their careers.
    Yes, Cain has never faced anyone like Fedor; he's faced better. I'm not taking anything away from Fedor, yes he probably was one of the greatest in his time, but that was his time. MMA is no longer what it was back then. A new breed like Cain would just devour Fedor. I don't think Fedor's skills in his prime would have been enough in this day in age.

Quote Originally Posted by braddahmatt View Post
    Yes, Cain has never faced anyone like Fedor; he's faced better.

Quote Originally Posted by braddahmatt View Post
    Yes, Cain has never faced anyone like Fedor; he's faced better.
    Uhhh.. just no. But on topic. Cain at heavyweight is a lot like Edgar was at ww. They are both pretty small for their weight classes, but they are much quicker than the rest of the people in it. Add that in with better conditioning and good wresting and they just give fits to all the people in their divisions. With Fedor, Cain's usually huge speed advantage and superior gas tank are no longer relevant, so I have no idea how it would play out. I'm not saying a prime Fedor would beat Cain, but it would be a great match up.

Yes, Cain has never faced anyone like Fedor; he's faced better
    Really? Who??
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Really? Who??
    Lesnar

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Lesnar
    Now you know damn well that in his prime Fedor would of put Lesnar down. Brock would of bullrushed him like he did Herring only Fedor would of countered with strikes as he sidestepped him and put him to sleep.

Prime Fedor vs Cain would of been a fight for the ages in my opinion, wish we could of witnessed that. So many fights that we missed out on by the way M1 and UFC handled their negotiations in entirely the wrong way.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Now you know damn well that in his prime Fedor would of put Lesnar down. Brock would of bullrushed him like he did Herring only Fedor would of countered with strikes as he sidestepped him and put him to sleep.

Prime Fedor vs Cain would of been a fight for the ages in my opinion, wish we could of witnessed that. So many fights that we missed out on by the way M1 and UFC handled their negotiations in entirely the wrong way.
    lol i was just fucking around. BUT in all honesty i think lesnar pre illness could have gave Fedor a go. Brock is a fucking beast with legit wrestling and had a chin - never actually KO'd and took a hell of a beating from carwin and survived it and won. His size and strength matched with his speed would have gave Fedor problems imo as well much like Bigfoot did for him aside from the speed aspect.

Im not saying he wins, im just saying its not as one side as ppl think it would be imo. Fedor's the GOAT at HW, arguably all time (AS).
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 08-04-2014 at 07:58 AM. Reason: added

Brock would of gave him a fight no doubt, his wrestling is damn near 2nd to none for his size and strength, but I think Fedor could handle it. He fought bigger.. bigger doesnt always make you badder, but it helps.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Thread Information