Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Fedor: If I was in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain

You take Any current UFC Champion and send them back in time to Prides Heyday and I say the Current fighters win 9 out of every 10.
    That's probably true at this point but I'd give Fedor a solid chance only because of what I have seen in the past. However, Cain is a beast right now.

Due to the weight class difference with welter going from 161-183, could you possibly imagine a PRIME Dan Henderson fighting Johnny Hendricks? That would be absolutely amazing IMO.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Due to the weight class difference with welter going from 161-183, could you possibly imagine a PRIME Dan Henderson fighting Johnny Hendricks? That would be absolutely amazing IMO.
    My first instinct when thinking about that match up is Hendo's size advantage would be too much. Is your interest in that match based off them both being quality wrestlers with knockout power (and in some ways mirroring each other's strengths) or something else?

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

That's probably true at this point but I'd give Fedor a solid chance only because of what I have seen in the past. However, Cain is a beast right now.

Shit I cant rep you enough for that possibility, OMG that would be awesome Hendo wins I think
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

11 takedowns Cain made in the second JDS fight? Name a time before that has happened?

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    My first instinct when thinking about that match up is Hendo's size advantage would be too much. Is your interest in that match based off them both being quality wrestlers with knockout power (and in some ways mirroring each other's strengths) or something else?
    I've often heard that Johnny is a 210 lb. man and that Hendo walks normally at 206-212 so I don't think the size difference is anywhere what you think.

My interest is in the fact that they are like mirror images of one another. One with the right one with the left. Both top wrestlers. Both seem like country boys. The list goes on and on.

I think it would be pretty fun to watch.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I've often heard that Johnny is a 210 lb. man and that Hendo walks normally at 206-212 so I don't think the size difference is anywhere what you think.

My interest is in the fact that they are like mirror images of one another. One with the right one with the left. Both top wrestlers. Both seem like country boys. The list goes on and on.

One thing for sure, we wouldn't need to go to the Judges Cards

Yeah that's what I assumed made it a dream match for you, would be fun for sure. I should have been more clear when I said Hendo's size advantage would be the difference, I was referring to his height and reach advantage rather than his weight.

I think that a Prime Wanderlei Silva would beat Hendricks.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Prime Wanderlei is two weight classes above Hendricks so you are probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Neustra View Post
    You missed my big points
    I think it’s safe to say you missed the whole point of my original reply in saying that I do not believe Cain would be able to take down a prime Crocop the way he did to JDS.
    You are arguing that Cain can beat Crocop, something completely off topic from my original point.
    Not that this site needs my contribution, but as a show of good faith to the other members of this board and the new mods that my loyalty remains to this site, I’ll bite.

You first most of the wrestlers besides Barnett, and Waterman don't have the size that Cain had, smaller lighter wrestlers, Coleman and Randlemen gave Cro Cop Problems, I see Cain countering those gaps in CroCops game and pushing him around and dominating the fight
    Coleman is just as tall as Cain is, and arguably just as strong. Randleman is arguably faster and more explosive than Cain is, and Crocop was able to fend off his takedowns rather easily. It was Crocop’s own arrogance that led to his defeat by knockout, which was always his biggest weakness. The point is that Crocop has faced a wide variety of grapplers and once he got his grappling decent enough, had dealt with them all successfully.
    As stated before, IMO Cain has never demonstrated anything in either his striking or wrestling to lead me to believe he would overwhelm Crocop in his prime (in a ring under Pride rules). I believe Crocop would absolutely have destroyed him in the stand-up (not really debatable IMO), and had a great track record with dealing with wrestlers in general.
    Now, in a cage under unified rules, that’s a whole different story. I believe Cain can defeat just about anybody except DC. I believe DC would destroy him, but again, that’s just my opinion. It will be exciting to see how he deals with Werdum’s guard as well.

and I fail to see how you could take more rounded fighters who are better right now and put them against more secular fighters who werent as well rounded and expect them to win.
    Just out of curiosity, what evidence have you seen to suggest that fighters are more “rounded” today than they were 5, even 10 years ago? I mean other than people insisting that this is the case.

You make an interesting point that I very much disagree with, now you have fighters who are disciplined in a wide area of skills, its one of the things that made Fedor so good was that he truly was great in several areas, but I say this now, both Cain and Jones I believe would of beaten a Prime Fedor, assuming a Prime Fedor is able to cut to 205..
    So you base your opinion that Cain would be able to defeat Crocop solely on the fact that fighters of today (in your opinion) are disciplined in a wide area of skills?
    As I’ve said before, the majority of people will agree with you, but I believe Fedor wins 9/10 times against both, ring/Pride rules (my opinion of course).

Thread Information