Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 107

Thread: Fedor: If I was in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Due to the weight class difference with welter going from 161-183, could you possibly imagine a PRIME Dan Henderson fighting Johnny Hendricks? That would be absolutely amazing IMO.
    My first instinct when thinking about that match up is Hendo's size advantage would be too much. Is your interest in that match based off them both being quality wrestlers with knockout power (and in some ways mirroring each other's strengths) or something else?

    "With great power comes great responsibility."

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    That's probably true at this point but I'd give Fedor a solid chance only because of what I have seen in the past. However, Cain is a beast right now.

    Due to the weight class difference with welter going from 161-183, could you possibly imagine a PRIME Dan Henderson fighting Johnny Hendricks? That would be absolutely amazing IMO.

    Shit I cant rep you enough for that possibility, OMG that would be awesome Hendo wins I think
    Gotta resolve the Gayness


  3. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..
    Posts
    280

    Default

    11 takedowns Cain made in the second JDS fight? Name a time before that has happened?
    Gotta resolve the Gayness


  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    My first instinct when thinking about that match up is Hendo's size advantage would be too much. Is your interest in that match based off them both being quality wrestlers with knockout power (and in some ways mirroring each other's strengths) or something else?
    I've often heard that Johnny is a 210 lb. man and that Hendo walks normally at 206-212 so I don't think the size difference is anywhere what you think.

    My interest is in the fact that they are like mirror images of one another. One with the right one with the left. Both top wrestlers. Both seem like country boys. The list goes on and on.

    I think it would be pretty fun to watch.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I've often heard that Johnny is a 210 lb. man and that Hendo walks normally at 206-212 so I don't think the size difference is anywhere what you think.

    My interest is in the fact that they are like mirror images of one another. One with the right one with the left. Both top wrestlers. Both seem like country boys. The list goes on and on.

    I think it would be pretty fun to watch.
    One thing for sure, we wouldn't need to go to the Judges Cards
    Gotta resolve the Gayness


  6. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I've often heard that Johnny is a 210 lb. man and that Hendo walks normally at 206-212 so I don't think the size difference is anywhere what you think.

    My interest is in the fact that they are like mirror images of one another. One with the right one with the left. Both top wrestlers. Both seem like country boys. The list goes on and on.

    I think it would be pretty fun to watch.
    Yeah that's what I assumed made it a dream match for you, would be fun for sure. I should have been more clear when I said Hendo's size advantage would be the difference, I was referring to his height and reach advantage rather than his weight.

    "With great power comes great responsibility."

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,619

    Default

    I think that a Prime Wanderlei Silva would beat Hendricks.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  8. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Prime Wanderlei is two weight classes above Hendricks so you are probably right.

    "With great power comes great responsibility."

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Neustra View Post
    You missed my big points
    I think itís safe to say you missed the whole point of my original reply in saying that I do not believe Cain would be able to take down a prime Crocop the way he did to JDS.
    You are arguing that Cain can beat Crocop, something completely off topic from my original point.
    Not that this site needs my contribution, but as a show of good faith to the other members of this board and the new mods that my loyalty remains to this site, Iíll bite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Neustra View Post
    You first most of the wrestlers besides Barnett, and Waterman don't have the size that Cain had, smaller lighter wrestlers, Coleman and Randlemen gave Cro Cop Problems, I see Cain countering those gaps in CroCops game and pushing him around and dominating the fight
    Coleman is just as tall as Cain is, and arguably just as strong. Randleman is arguably faster and more explosive than Cain is, and Crocop was able to fend off his takedowns rather easily. It was Crocopís own arrogance that led to his defeat by knockout, which was always his biggest weakness. The point is that Crocop has faced a wide variety of grapplers and once he got his grappling decent enough, had dealt with them all successfully.
    As stated before, IMO Cain has never demonstrated anything in either his striking or wrestling to lead me to believe he would overwhelm Crocop in his prime (in a ring under Pride rules). I believe Crocop would absolutely have destroyed him in the stand-up (not really debatable IMO), and had a great track record with dealing with wrestlers in general.
    Now, in a cage under unified rules, thatís a whole different story. I believe Cain can defeat just about anybody except DC. I believe DC would destroy him, but again, thatís just my opinion. It will be exciting to see how he deals with Werdumís guard as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Neustra View Post
    and I fail to see how you could take more rounded fighters who are better right now and put them against more secular fighters who werent as well rounded and expect them to win.
    Just out of curiosity, what evidence have you seen to suggest that fighters are more ďroundedĒ today than they were 5, even 10 years ago? I mean other than people insisting that this is the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Neustra View Post
    You make an interesting point that I very much disagree with, now you have fighters who are disciplined in a wide area of skills, its one of the things that made Fedor so good was that he truly was great in several areas, but I say this now, both Cain and Jones I believe would of beaten a Prime Fedor, assuming a Prime Fedor is able to cut to 205..
    So you base your opinion that Cain would be able to defeat Crocop solely on the fact that fighters of today (in your opinion) are disciplined in a wide area of skills?
    As Iíve said before, the majority of people will agree with you, but I believe Fedor wins 9/10 times against both, ring/Pride rules (my opinion of course).

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what evidence have you seen to suggest that fighters are more “rounded” today than they were 5, even 10 years ago? I mean other than people insisting that this is the case.
    So you base your opinion that Cain would be able to defeat Crocop solely on the fact that fighters of today (in your opinion) are disciplined in a wide area of skills?
    As I’ve said before, the majority of people will agree with you, but I believe Fedor wins 9/10 times against both, ring/Pride rules (my opinion of course).



    Let me handle your last point first, its not my opinion here this is a fact, case in point Cain has both a Black Belt in BJJ, is a highly accredited wrestler an accredited Kickboxer as well as a Maui Thai fighter, GSP is a world renown kickboxer as well as a wrestling ace, and a BJJ ace, Silva is talented in BJJ, Maui Thai, as well as he has shown amazing boxing skills and finnesse. In the prime of Pride you had fighters who were great at once disipline and started picking up a second because they had to to compete, now you are having fighters come up with several disiplines under their belt, thus making them more of a complete fighter. This is not something you can argue this is fact not opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    As stated before, IMO Cain has never demonstrated anything in either his striking or wrestling to lead me to believe he would overwhelm Crocop in his prime (in a ring under Pride rules). I believe Crocop would absolutely have destroyed him in the stand-up (not really debatable IMO), and had a great track record with dealing with wrestlers in general.
    Now, in a cage under unified rules, that’s a whole different story. I believe Cain can defeat just about anybody except DC. I believe DC would destroy him, but again, that’s just my opinion. It will be exciting to see how he deals with Werdum’s guard as well.
    Here is another area that I disagree with, please tell me how many times JDS was taken down before the Cain fights? I know in the second fight with Cain we had 11 take downs, that has never happened before in the UFC, over 2 take downs per round. As for Cains striking skills most of the time he is outstriking opponents, he landed what 111 significant strikes combine that with his 11 take downs, he completly and totally destroyed JDS in a way no one has seen. And JDS is a better striker than CroCop. Again this is fact look at Hunt vs JDS


    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Coleman is just as tall as Cain is, and arguably just as strong. Randleman is arguably faster and more explosive than Cain is, and Crocop was able to fend off his takedowns rather easily. It was Crocop’s own arrogance that led to his defeat by knockout, which was always his biggest weakness. The point is that Crocop has faced a wide variety of grapplers and once he got his grappling decent enough, had dealt with them all successfully.

    First with the explosiveness of Randlemen, yes he was smaller and lighter and in more of a compressed build, of course he is going to be more explosive, however you are forgetting several things, firstly its not just how fast you can shoot a double but also your leverage and power behind it, your strength, we can break it down from a wrestling perspective however because of Cains power, endurance, and his size he will be able to continually press foward and continully wrestle if he had to, but he can also work the clench game on CroCop, but than with Coleman.. tell me do they have height divisions in wrestling, no they have weight classes more weight means you have more to throw around while wrestling, this is why they seperate the divisions by weight, not by height.
    Gotta resolve the Gayness


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •