Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Fedor: If I was in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain

1. Default

Its a completely useless argument. The difference in enviroments that the two fighters competed in are too much to overcome and find a happy medium to judge this question on. The cage/ring difference alone makes this argument impossible. Both fighters are(were) very dominant in their own enviroment, but in Fedor's case, his success didnt translate well at all into the cage. Having watched Cain's fights, I feel his style would not translate well into a ring at all. For the most part, I think wrestlers will always be better cage then ring fighters, which speaks volumes to the points brought up about the pride fighters success against wrestlers listed in several posts above. This is also the reason I feel a lot of the pride fighters didnt translate as well to north american MMA as was expected.

All in all, what Im trying to say is home field advantage wins this hypothetical fight, and more due to adaptation then skillset.

Don't forget that Brock, healthy or not, never got over his turtling habit. He took bombs, but he turtled. Not a good thing when a guy like Fedor is throwing unorthodox looping bombs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    You don't say in the original post that Chonan would have more than likely won the decision, you said that he would have won even without the sub
    Semantics, but I will append my original comment:
    Chonan would more than likely have won the fight even without the sub, assuming Anderson didn't pull a KO/sub out of his sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    which you can't possibly know in a sport as dynamic as MMA where the outcome can be changed in a matter of seconds.
    I am well aware that outcomes of fights can be changed in a matter of seconds. Chonan could have coasted to a decision victory and risked AS pulling an ace out of his sleeve, but instead pulled one of his own and landed the HL reel sub.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Semantics, but I will append my original comment:
    Chonan would more than likely have won the fight even without the sub, assuming Anderson didn't pull a KO/sub out of his sleeve.

I am well aware that outcomes of fights can be changed in a matter of seconds. Chonan could have coasted to a decision victory and risked AS pulling an ace out of his sleeve, but instead pulled one of his own and landed the HL reel sub.
    Ask Chael Sonnen about Silva pulling aces out of his sleeve at the last minute
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    Ask Chael Sonnen about Silva pulling aces out of his sleeve at the last minute
    That's precisely my point. Chonan could've just sat back and let it go to the decision, but I think he was smart to go for the kill. AS very well could've pulled an ace from his sleeve.

fedor would beat the ever living shit out of Cain in his prime. He would KO him from the feet or sub him if it went to the ground.

While i appreciate Fedor's work to push the sport into the mainstream and get global recognition via the Olympic route, discussing a fight that is not ever going to happen seems pointless. If he were to say "in my estimation the best fighter on the planet is CV and a fighter like that when i was in my prime would have been fun" is one thing. To say "if i were to fight, I would like to fight the Champ" is something that at this point is canon fodder.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    fedor would beat the ever living shit out of Cain in his prime. He would KO him from the feet or sub him if it went to the ground.
    haha ok

Thread Information