Thread: Boxers Dereck Chisora and Wladimir Klitschko involved in nightclub brawl

Default Boxers Dereck Chisora and Wladimir Klitschko involved in nightclub brawl

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/30...ightclub-brawl

Ukrainian heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitschko was recently involved in an altercation with contender Dereck Chisora.

According to the Mirror, heavyweight boxers Dereck Chisora and Wladimir Klitschko were involved in an altercation when they ran into each other at an Ibiza nightclub last week. The pair apparently needed to be separated by security.

According to Chisora, he offered a hand to Klitschko who pulled him towards him before the pair were separated after a brief exchange of words.

'I saw Wladimir, we had a little conversation in a club, it wasn't a great conversation,' Chisora told ATG Radio.

'I walked in - David Guetta was playing - and he was sitting down and then got up. It was only when I got to my table and looked up he was behind me.

'So I got up and shook his hand and then we swapped words. I told him, "I'm coming for you."

This isn't the first time the pair have had issues. Last year in Munich, Chisora spat water in Klitschko's face in the ring just before his world heavyweight title fight with his brother Vitali. Chisora also created tension at weigh-ins by slapping his opponent during their staredown. Chisora went on to lose a unanimous decision to the WBC champion.

"They have history," Chisora's trainer Don Charles said. "But it was purely a coincidence that they bumped into each other during their holidays."

While Chisora's trainer seems to chalk the incident up to coincidence, ESPN UK seems to allude that the confrontation was manufactured, at least by Chisora.

"Given that only last week Chisora, in the aftermath of his win over Malik Scott, said he wanted to fight Vitali Klitschko, it seems too far fetched that the two just happened to take their holiday in the same area and be in the same nightclub in Ibiza at the same time."

ESPN's theory might have some legs. During his a post-fight press conference after dropping his title shot with Vitali Klitschko, Chisora was involved in another brawl with fellow heavyweight David Haye. What started as a back-and-forth spat between bristling rivals eventually led to a physical clash, ultimately seeing Chisora arrested the next morning by German police. The incident caused quite a stir in the boxing world, making the fight that much easier to sell. Chisora and Haye squared off just five months later for the vacant WBA Inter - Continental and WBO International Heavyweight titles. Haye went on to claim both titles in a TKO victory.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Obviously it was not a coincidence. It is all planned.
    But personally I am much more interested in Klitschko vs Povetkin
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Klitschko was only going to hug hold any how

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    Klitschko was only going to hug hold any how
    Yeah sure, because aside of holding he does nothing more inside the ring right?

Anyway, hre is what Wlad has to say about this:

"I'm quite shocked by the recent British media stories about an alleged brawl between myself and Dereck Chisora. I am a professional prize fighter and let my fists do the talking only inside the ring. I don't want to comment on Chisora's psychological issues."
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Both Klitscho brothers are very classy individuals. I do not understand the amount of hate they get and being regarded as boring confuses me.
    They both box and refuse to be allowed to get put into a brawl, which is to their advantage. They generally dismantle every opponent put in front of them and in the end knock guys out, so where is the problem?

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Thread Information