Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quinton Jackson starts new MMA promotion in quest to find next 'Rampage'

Default Quinton Jackson starts new MMA promotion in quest to find next 'Rampage'

Quinton Jackson starts new MMA promotion in quest to find next 'Rampage'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/3/596...xt-rampage-ufc
    That's why longtime mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran Quinton Jackson helped start Conquest Fighting, an amateur MMA promotion with two shows (quietly) under its belt. That includes "Summer Rumble," which took place just over a week ago in Garden Grove, California.

But why go through the hassle of starting a new promotion when a number of credible regional outlets already exist?

"I'm looking for those fighters, the rare breed like me," Jackson told MMAmania.com. "That's why I started Conquest Fighting. My plan by starting Conquest, is to conquer MMA, but my personal goal is to get those fighters like me. I'm gonna find them and help them out. Give them the right outlet so I can teach them about the mistakes that I made."

If there's one thing Jackson knows, it's the business of MMA.

"Rampage" is one of the few fighters who can lay claim to competing among the best light heavyweights in both PRIDE Fighting Championship (PRIDE FC) and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), before eventually finding his way to Bellator MMA.

And what looked like the perfect fit for the Memphis-based slugger quickly turned sour, after the Viacom-owned promotion ousted Bjorn Rebney and brought in ex-Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker. Let's just say Jackson was less than enthused about the personnel changes.

"It was confusing, like 'what the hell is going on?'" he continued. "Behind-the-scenes of MMA is just a whole 'nother world in itself. I don't think the fans will ever understand that. Who knows if they even wanna understand it?"

While Jackson admits he's likely to hang 'em up in two years -- if not less -- he has no intention of completely walking away from combat sports. In fact, what started as a personal endeavor could soon become the family business, along with a little help from a familiar face.

"My son wants to be a fighter and I support him," said Jackson. "He can come up through Conquest. Antonio McKee is helping me and his son is actually the current champion in one of the lower weight classes. You pass on the love for the sport to your kids."

And also the knowledge.

After more than 15 years in MMA, "Rampage" knows there's more to fighting than bright lights and big cities. Especially for up-and-coming talent who may be susceptible to predators looking to make a few bucks in a sport that has taken the world by storm.

"There's a lot of people who prey on MMA fighters," Jackson warned. "A lot of guys will try to rip you off. At the end of the day, it's up to the fighters to trust me and wanna listen to me. That's up to them, not me. But this is what Conquest is for. For fighters like me who don't have to make the same mistakes I made."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

It's hard to find a guy that can be a champion, a sexual harasser, a terrible actor, a clown, and a murderer. He's a rare breed. If I were him I'd check the prisons first. That would probably cut down on his search time significantly.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

just sign King Mo
    Believe in Chimichanga's

If there's one thing Jackson knows, it's the business of MMA.
    I couldn't disagree more with a statement like this. Sweet baby jeebus. And, speaking of promotions by people who are neither business savvy nor good public faces, what ever happened to War MMA or whatever Diaz's promotion was?

I am not a Rampage Jackson fan, but I think it was proven the car crash Rampage caused was NOT found to be the cause of that women's miscarriage.

Rampage Jackson Miscarriage Lawsuit Dismissed
    An investigation later determined that the crash did not cause Griggs to miscarry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I am not a Rampage Jackson fan, but I think it was proven the car crash Rampage caused was NOT found to be the cause of that women's miscarriage.

Rampage Jackson Miscarriage Lawsuit Dismissed

I may be wrong, but I remember it as he got off because according to that states law the child didn't qualify as a person, so in the eyes of the law he isn't a murderer. In the eyes of my eyes...umm...he is a murderer that is walking around freely, and thinks he is great. He makes least favorite fighter look not so bad by comparison. I'd say he is my least favorite, but I haven't considered him a fighter in a very long time.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I may be wrong, but I remember it as he got off because according to that states law the child didn't qualify as a person, so in the eyes of the law he isn't a murderer.
    Sounds like Rampage got off easy then.

But would he not have still be found at fault through her lawsuit and the civil courts, if it was proven to be his fault? Even if criminal law did not recognize an unborn fetus, would he not be held liable for the injuries she sustained and the loss of her baby?

Id be interested in what kind of fighters Jackson is seeking out for his promotion? Ones who hate wrestling?

But would he not have still be found at fault through her lawsuit and the civil courts, if it was proven to be his fault? Even if criminal law did not recognize an unborn fetus, would he not be held liable for the injuries she sustained and the loss of her baby?

Id be interested in what kind of fighters Jackson is seeking out for his promotion? Ones who hate wrestling?

I looked it up. It got dismissed, but it wasn't known if they came to some agreement. Either way, Rampage got behind the wheel acted like a jackass, and put people's lives at risk. He hit a pregnant lady, and later she lost the baby. In my mind that's on him. Most would probably say that there's way more to it that I'm ignoring, but I don't really want to give him the benefit of the doubt, just as I wouldn't want to give a drunk driver the benefit of the doubt. If you put lives at risk, and a life ends, in my book, you're at fault.

Yeah, can't have wrestlers, or even have his guys near wrestlers. They might catch it.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

If I remember correctly the lady he side swiped had a history of multiple miscarriages in the past, and I think that would have become very relevant in the court case and probably had a large impact on the dismissal process. The fact it took her so long to miscarry after the accident would lead one to believe that it was more likely to be caused by her underlying medical issues than the accident.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I may be wrong, but I remember it as he got off because according to that states law the child didn't qualify as a person, so in the eyes of the law he isn't a murderer. In the eyes of my eyes...umm...he is a murderer that is walking around freely, and thinks he is great. He makes least favorite fighter look not so bad by comparison. I'd say he is my least favorite, but I haven't considered him a fighter in a very long time.
    This is a tough one to debate. In the eyes of many criminal/civil courts (I am not directly familiar with California) you can be held directly liable for the death of a fetus if the prosecution/plaintiff can establish that Rampage's actions directly lead to the spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) of the fetus. Under these circumstances though, you cannot directly establish that since the woman had a history of miscarriages and the length of time it took for this to happen. Had she had a placental rupture I would agree with your opinion on this matter, but that is not what happened here.

To give you a different perspective, you borrow your friend's car and know that they've been having problems with the left front wheel. You accidentally curb check the left front , own up to it, and your friend takes the car to a mechanic. Mechanic says no damage done, no harm no foul. 3 months later the wheel falls off the left front. Is it your fault since you curb checked the car ?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I couldn't disagree more with a statement like this. Sweet baby jeebus. And, speaking of promotions by people who are neither business savvy nor good public faces, what ever happened to War MMA or whatever Diaz's promotion was?
    Agreed Jackson does not come off as someone with a lot of business sense. Much less the type to build and grow a promotion and help fighters along the way.

Pretty sure War MMA died off after the first card once they do the math on all the costs behind it probably didn't turn out profitable. Most don;t understand it takes years and a lot of financial sacrifice to build a profitable venture up.

Thread Information