Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Moderators At MMANews.com Forums

the reason I like this forum is because of users like dr. mma, simplejack and riv who knows what they're talking about and could discuss the topic in an intelligent way. always liked reading their knowledgeable response.
    if weird seeing riv without his usual pink username lol. anyway, if he decides to leave, i'll miss his conversation.

anyway, congratulations to all the new mods. just to let you guys know i'll always be lurking and reading the comments lol.

2. Default

I think this is a good time to reboot and continue on. Things changed and are changing. we move forward with the progress and we still have a ton of great members here. Either you want to flourish here or move to somewhere else. But it's our responsibility to aid in the recovery of MMANews. That means taking accountability for your shit too, man up, and continue forward in a positive manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I think this is a good time to reboot and continue on. Things changed and are changing. we move forward with the progress and we still have a ton of great members here. Either you want to flourish here or move to somewhere else. But it's our responsibility to aid in the recovery of MMANews. That means taking accountability for your shit too, man up, and continue forward in a positive manner.
    Let us all follow sakara into the future. He has the right idea here.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Maybe we can convince RH to come back if we all admit that Penn lost to Hughes due to a chest injury and not gassing out!? I am with you RH.

Mr. Cornute I'm a little offended by my name not being in your list of people that make you want to come and post in here...I've cried now and I'm mostly over it. I know I'm not really the poster that says funny thinks (kevo) or starts shit (most of you hahah) so I miss out on awards etc.

On that note, I'm not leaving, I've never even gone to mmaspot to see what it is like even. I like it here, the bathwater is warm and Trodden and I have some trolling of each other to do I think .

Good luck new and old mods. Let's all cause issues for Hillbilly because he wants to deal with things!

I enjoy our conversations Link, I just named a few off the top of the head when I was typing on my phone. Sheesh, I forgot Kevo, that gif posting son of a gun.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

So... here's where I put my ignorance on display....

What does a "moderator" do?

I'd also like to say that I HOPE that my comments are never construed as insulting or derogatory.
    I have strong opinions on several issues... and I enjoy healthy debate... so perhaps I can be a bit too... FORWARD... sometimes.

But I apologize if ever I have insulted anyone.
    Cause that is most certainly not my intention!

I look forward to much spirited debate in the future though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    LOL, thank you good sir.

Just what I needed prior to finals today.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Well, we have tried in the past to control spam, minimize trolling, maintain the peace and keep the overall iq high around the site.

Occasionally, as humans do, we get emotional and allow ourselves to be dragged into the mud as well but try very hard not to.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    I am so confused at the level of butthurt shown.

If the site was shit and going to shit with the mods in place how in the sam blue hell is a change in mods going to make it worse?

Second, if it was so bad yesterday a week ago and months ago then why wait till two people are changed as mods to leave?

That is like a shot in the face to the people that have been promoted.

Then if the mods who stepped down did so willingly where is the animosity coming from?

RH is leaving and this means all others have to follow him?

look, I respect RH have no issue with him or Ramma in the least but them being mods or not will not sway my posting here. I come here due to a plethora of people here:

SAK
    HillBilly
    Unforgvn
    SimpleJack
    Sniggs - even though his ass went ghost
    JPeezy
    PYRO
    Sick Nasty
    Disposable
    etc etc etc
    Many of those who delve into the political and religion portion of the forum.

What I am breaking down is what are these grievances people are alluding to that makes them decide this site is so bad?
    I just wanted to take a minute to address this.

I explained to Hillbilly in a PM that my leaving is not a result of any one thing but instead is a number of little things. In truth my "leaving" is unlikely to even be noticed since I've hardly posted at all over the last several months. I just haven't felt engaged by the discussions or wanted to get involved.

It seems that the quality of discussions have been gradually breaking down here. For example, right before the rumble vs lil nog fight Hilbilly brought up a great point about how good rumble was looking at LHW. This could have been a good discussion point but it was entirely drowned out by 3 pages of flaming.

Now I'm not saying that I'm not just as guilty, I've had my share of off topic arguments. I'm also not saying the flame wars can't be funny from time to time, Sakara and the Shirtless Phil Baroni Saga come to mind. It just seems like there is less discussions and more name calling lately.

I also want to make it very clear that my looking elsewhere is in no way a comment on the new mods. Hilbilly is a very insightful poster and I've always enjoyed his posts whether we agree or not. Disposable Assassin is another great poster who's an integral part of this community and I couldn't think of a better choice for a mod. Plus anyone who rocks a Cyclops was Right avatar is ok in my books.

My choosing now has more to do with who is not included in the Mod line up than who is. Riv leaving does take away a lot from this place. His posts were almost always well reasoned and articulated. He also did was good at calling people on their bullshit. The people who have a problem with Riv most likely do so because they were out of line and he put them in their place.

I do believe the new mods will get this place cleaned up and running smoothly in no time. I also expect I will pop my head in from time to time. I just think I want to get a new perspective for a while.

I really do wish you all the best and have the utmost confidence in the new lineup. Sorry if either of the new mods took my post as "shot in the face" (phrasing!) it was not intended that way.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Thread Information