Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Moderators At MMANews.com Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I will address you but I absolutely will not go further than saying the following:

This is a community. Built by people with similar interests. Many of us have come here to share our information and opinions as well as learn from others who may have insight we do not. Relationships are formed. Friendships if you may.

When the group left for the spot, we pulled it together and remained committed to one another as well as the site. We tried to make it better. Some of us have taken substantial time out of our lives to make it better for YOU. Sakara and cat spoon feed you news so you don't have to look. The mods attempt to minimize the absurdity and spam. We are a family here.

I can't make you see things as I do. I don't even want you to as I actually appreciate the differences in people.

If you don't recognize the impact of losing two guys (plus others) who have not only the mma knowledge and historic reference points as well as the life experiences of guys like rivet and Ramma then I honestly can't help you.

If they stick around and still engage in discussions, then no biggie. If they are out as they said, it makes the site a little less knowledgeable.

If you are able, I think it would help YOU personally if you would take a look at the relationship between how you conduct yourself and how it effects others' contributions. I am not taking a swing at you but I think you would see a correlation. I have done the same self-reflection recently as well.
    How I feel exactly. Well said
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

... I like it here. I think I'll stay.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

3. Default

Bones, I will implore you to bring more to the forums than arguing and potential flame wars. You are better than that.

I would incredibly disappointed if SimpleJack did not, in some way, resemble Kenny Powers. I'm excited for the change. I hope RH and Ramma stay and post, I always wondered, though, how Riv could break down a post so fast. He was quick as shit separating and quoting someone else's paragraph of a response. It was ninjaesque.
    You have to know what you don't know.

SJ that was a well articulated point. Bones please heed the advice being given here. We have reason for being upset at the loss of friends.

Swordofares I appreciate the kind words. It means alot. I do hope you will come around when the mood hits. You as well as everyone else are always welcome here.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post

This is a community. Built by people with similar interests. Many of us have come here to share our information and opinions as well as learn from others who may have insight we do not. Relationships are formed. Friendships if you may.
    thats fine, and because one poster leaves the Froum - that said friendship and relationship hasnt / shouldnt change. Like i said, he gave up mod power - he didnt die. He voluntarily did so, and still can comment and do whatever he wants around here. If he jumps ship thats on him.

When the group left for the spot, we pulled it together and remained committed to one another as well as the site. We tried to make it better. Some of us have taken substantial time out of our lives to make it better for YOU. Sakara and cat spoon feed you news so you don't have to look. The mods attempt to minimize the absurdity and spam. We are a family here.
    While i dont want this to sound like a jab at cat or sakara, but anything they post here, can be found elsewhere. While its appreciated they do that for the page - its not like if they didnt do it the news would never reach us. And i agree you guys do a lot behind the scenes for spam - i will just argue this that THIS time when the spam came along i feel the 'mods' out side of you SJ couldnt have cared less or have done less to stop the spam. If they had cared, the spam would have been dealt with weeks ago.

If you don't recognize the impact of losing two guys (plus others) who have not only the mma knowledge and historic reference points as well as the life experiences of guys like rivet and Ramma then I honestly can't help you.
    Ramma didnt comment to begin with, while riv's mma knowledge is second to none (i dont believe anyone has argued against that) it was his bitterness and lack of ability to accept an opinion that was not formed around what his general idea of what is "right" was on w.e topic was being discussed. His "im smarter therefore im better than you" gimmick got very old and outdated. It seemed like a thread couldnt go by where Riv wouldnt flex his intellectual guns at MANY posters here on the forum.

If they stick around and still engage in discussions, then no biggie. If they are out as they said, it makes the site a little less knowledgeable.
    It is what it is, like i said. If they stay, great, it will further add to the discussions and the goals of the page and allow it to move in the direction you want it to move in. If they leave, the page will still move in the direction you want it to, leaving those who dont want to be a part of it behind for better or for worse.

If you are able, I think it would help YOU personally if you would take a look at the relationship between how you conduct yourself and how it effects others' contributions. I am not taking a swing at you but I think you would see a correlation. I have done the same self-reflection recently as well.
    fully noted, i'll make sure i do that.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Why do you care so much about what other people have to say? Why don't you just say what you have to say on the matter and let people say what they want. That would seem to be the logical and good thing to do, instead of trying to be a thorn. We all know you had beef with RH and won't miss him as much, cool. But plenty of us will.
    which is fine. Im talking more so to the people who are picking up and leaving based solely on the fact that Riv isnt a mod.

"Pull it together" Lmao. Yeah we really need to pull it together over here, saying a few nice words to somebody who has done alot for the forum and likely won't be around much, if at all........yeah, makes perfect sense.
    once again, directed at those who are just picking up and leaving. Say all the nice words you want about them, you're entitled to those opinions. But im not going to sit here and beg for people to stick around who want to leave "just cause riv is gone"

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Bones, I will implore you to bring more to the forums than arguing and potential flame wars. You are better than that.
    once again noted. Although nothing i have said in this thread has been arguing or potential flaming. Its just my opinion is different than some other and they have taken it rather personally it seems.

Thanks for the response and the kind words.

I do want you to know that I never intended for this to start a pile up on you. Our own exchanges and my occasional emotional responses forced me to evaluate my own personal "tact" if you may.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Ok, gottcha. It just seemed like your post was directed to me and SJ as it was directly after our posts.

I hope Riv still pops in sometimes but I don't see this as a reason to leave the forums. The two new mods are well respected posters who are generally liked by everyone on the board. With the spam and constant arguing, I'm sure it was probably getting old for Rivet, who has been a mod for very long. He's typed many o' forgotten well thought out paragraphs and kept many trolls in check to help keep this a manageable, respectable, and likable place to be. But I'm sure the 2 noobs will do just fine!
    Last edited by dbader08; 08-04-2014 at 08:44 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

rob_bills Guest

Came to say bye to Riv! Hope to see you around here bro! I dont post as much anymore but I always looked out for your posts. Welcome to the new mods too.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    The two new mods are well respected posters who are generally liked by everyone on the board.
    This x1000

What upsets me most is that Greg and Chris *yea i used their real names* are both excellent posters with great insight when it comes to MMA. These people picking up and leaving are basically slapping these two in the face.

I dont want to call people out by screen name so it isnt looked at as me starting shit but whe ppl say things like "its not the new mods "- then proceed to say but this site isnt shit without Riv no more than 2 or 3 lines later i take that as blatant disrespect to both HB and DA. Both of them cared enough to put their neck on the line and take over as an admin to keep this place running smoothly and a handful of them basically said "Fuck you guys, were going home" and wont even give it a chance.

Ive gotten to know greg personally over the last few weeks as well as Chris (to a lesser extent) and both are great guys like you said looking to make this place better than ever. I personally wont let a handful of people shit on their parade and make this out to be a bad thing, when really its a very, very good thing.

Im ranting, so i will end it here before i find something else to rant about.

Thread Information